Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blue Satin Box

I bought this wonderful little vintage box on the same day that I bought my kitty card (from yesterday). The box reminded me of my mom so I bought it for $3.50 - even though it has a bit of a stain on it. I'd like to try and treat the stain but it's on the lid which has a cardboard base. Any suggestions or experience?
I think my mom had a lingerie (?) bag in this color and I loved feeling it when I was a little girl. I might just alter this box but I don't know! I'm not sure if I want to change it's simplicity...
Big responsibility coming up!
My DIL Sara has to fly to PA to be with her little sister who just had a 7 month preemie. That means Gramma gets to baby sit every day for... not sure how long!
~ Gulp ~
Daddy Christopher will have the children at night but bring them over here every day. I hope to make some good memories with them and hopefully by the time their mom returns, they will still like Gramma's house! (And Gramma will still be alive!) ☺

5 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly, I wish I was there to help you! Good luck with your grandbabies. Just give them lots of hugs, kissin' and lovin'! Your little satin box is precious. You can find some wonderful treasures at antique malls. Have a good day! Twyla

Nan said...

Well good luck with all the little ones that will be a big job for you but a fun one.

Diane said...

OMG that is going to be fun but also a whole lot of work, I was surprised just how tired I was when I returned from Utah helping out with Miss Amelie and the New baby. But yes my time was chock full of fond memories. oxox, Diane

Kim said...

Holly, I love your new vintage hankie box. The blue color is very pretty. I hope you can find a way to get rid of the stains or camoufloge them somehow. I'm always on the hunt for hankie boxes like this or the longer glove boxes that are still in good shape. I have few already, but wouldn't mind having a few more as they make such a cute display all stacked in different colors and they are great for storing little odds and ends. I actually saw a cream colored one this past weekend that was in great condition displaying some pretty hankies, but of course it had that annoying little tag on it that said "NFS". I was so disappointed, but I kinda knew before I even looked for a price tag that that's probably what it would say. Just my bad luck I guess.

And as for those little grandkids of yours, you'll do great babysitting all day. Just don't overdo things and make sure you all have some quiet time during the day to rest. Keep them busy with some fun little craft projects and the days will fly by.

Queenie said...

That blue satin box is pretty...I know it means a lot to you, because it reminds you of your mama...I wish I knew how you could get the stain out...maybe you could use a floral material with that color of blue in it, and put it on the top side, and cover it that way. I know you'll do something crafty with it...looks like a great place to store craft supplies in your craft room.

Have fun making memories with the grands...you are gonna make it girl....and they will always want to come to grandmas :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie