Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, August 16, 2010

Future Beachy Shelf?


Look, girls! My dear DIL Sara picked up this shelf/drawer for me at a garage sale! I'm thinking about changing out the knobs with some glass ones and using it in my powder room. I thought I'd also hang some beachy things from the knobs and put something beachy on top. What do you think?

There is one problem though- opening the drawer would jiggle whatever is on top since the drawer doesn't open properly. I guess whatever I put in the drawer would have to be seldom used... Maybe cleaning supplies?

Camera Lost and Found!

The guys took the camera with them when they went fishing last week and they lost it! We looked everywhere for it- even the freezer! It was gone for almost a week but then Bobby found it! And guess where in the world it was! In his truck. Hmmmm... So, I hope to take a bunch of pics today to make up for lost time. Boy did I miss my camera!

This is my Friday but I hope everyone else has courage to face their Monday!
Thanks for coming by!


9 comments:

Connie said...

Suggestion: NEVER EVER LET TH' BOYS USE YOUR CAMERA! Uh-uh, no way; no how, chickee. Never happen in this house. My son just left HIS camera in my car door pocket and I'm having to send it to him. Sooooo....do you think I'd ever, ever let him use mine???? Never! LOL
xoxo,
Connie

rosechicfriends said...

Holly, what a great find! Sounds like your DIL is a kindred spirit and looking out for you!

I think your idea is great as to how you want to use it. Be sure to take pix for us to see! Always love seeing how things are used!
Blessings...Lorena

Nan said...

Yes the shelf could use some cute knobs maybe like vintage green ones. It just won't be something you can use a lot if it sticks on opening, cute none the less for effects in a room. Great find.

Scrap for Joy said...

Cute shelf Holly. I think the glass knob idea would be dynamite Holly! Maybe you could keep cotton balls, Q-tips and other soft things in the drawers. It would look cute in a powder room. What a sweet DIL!
xoxo
Joyce
(Thanks for visiting...my blog friends have been so sweet!)

Sherry from Alabama said...

It's cute just the way it is, but sounds like it would be even prettier with glass knobs and the beachy theme. I know what I "should" hide in a stuck drawer, if I had one, my chocolate stash! I'm so glad you found your camera, and that it is still usable. I'll be looking for your new pics.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I actually visited you earlier in the day, but didn't get to comment then. I am back to second what Connie said, Never let the boys use your camera! He, he, can't trust 'em. You are a brave woman! Your shelf is beautiful! Really nice. Aren't garage sales wonderful? Always finding things that you needed and didn't know it:) Glass knobs are so pretty. I've always loved them. Yes, cleaning supplies tucked away or in my case lately, make-up. I've not bothered with make-up in our hot weather! Have a good night! Twyla

Creative Breathing said...

Camera Lost! This is a dramatic cause for panic in our community! So glad it has been found. Looking forward to more decorating posts! E

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

love that shelf!! beachy would be super cute ♥

Queenie said...

Thank goodness you found your camera! I cannot even imagine losing mine....would not be good lol! Love that white shelf...it's gonna be perfect for beachy decor...and love the idea of using crystal knobs too :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie