Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, August 30, 2010

Got Farm?


We sure hope so! We're looking at this farm to rent!!!! I know... some of you will think I'm CRAZY to even consider moving again so soon but I am NOT a town girl! Living in town is wearing me to a frazzle! This wonderful farm is in the cozy little town that I've been eyeing for some time-even before our house sold in VA! We'd only be 20 minutes away from the boys and the grands.
Look at this cool 1904 barn!

The farm has a little 4 bed room house that needs lots of work! One of the bedrooms has just insulation- no wall coverings and all the floors are in various stages of being re- done.
I do not like these shrubs out front but look! The house has Green gables! ☺
The huge yard has lots of interesting rock walls and plenty of flat land for our pool and trampoline and I could even have a garden spot.

But most of all the farm has LAND and lots of it! It would take days to explore it all. Micah and Lexi would have a blast! We didn't want to leave and we would have stayed longer if it wasn't still occupied by the current renter.

Wouldn't this be a wonderful place to spend Fall or how about the rest of my LIFE?

Look! It's SKY!
You can sort of see the apple orchard behind the house. We didn't explore that spot because the current renter has her horse back there. This place is all set up for animals!
Here's the long drive way to walk and ride bikes on. The mail box is way at the end. I love that. ☺

We could so easily envision all the grands and Micah running and playing on Gramma and grammpa's farm! I felt so rested after being here. We didn't want to leave. Did I already mention that? ☺ Here's the back of the house.

See the doors off the little detached garage? The current 5 year renter took all the doors off of almost everything. ☺

Here's an aerial view of part of the farm (provided by the landlord.) The brown fields are wheat fields that are leased out to local farmers.
This is the view of the cannon *behind* the farm. We never found this view because we never found the END of the farm!
Update:
We called the Chicago landlord from the farm on Friday evening and told him that we WANT IT. We received and sent back the rental application today. He says several other people are interested in it, too! Rats! Well, the Lord knows what we need and I hope, hope, hope, we need this farm! ☺
In the midst of all this, I'm still baby sitting the grands a lot. Their mommy comes home tomorrow night so gramma duty is almost over. I thought I would be taking a holiday once I'm done but I'll gladly pack up boxes again instead! Good thing I'm not all unpacked!

21 comments:

stefanie said...

its just PERFECT...good luck!!!

NanE said...

Oh I don't think you are one bit crazy but then I have ALWAYS wanted to live on a farm! I'm including a link to one of my fav blogs (but you've probably already seen it) but just in case you haven't, this Gal and her family gave up the city life for a run down farm. The transformation is wonderful. I hope you get that contract soon!
http://themeadowbrookblog.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! That is a gorgeous place! Good luck! We are also looking at a new place and we are planning to spend the week in earnest prayer before we decide anything!

Connie said...

Ooooh, I sure hope you get it, honey!!! I think you will. Can't be that many people up there wanting a farm to rent. Good luck!!!!!
xoxo,
Connie

carla (http://dancingmoon-carla.blogspot.com/) said...

I am so happy for you!!!! Hoping it all goes great!!! I would love it too!!!! hugs

Ulrika said...

Looks like an awesome place!! How wonderful with all that land and the "openness". Here we don't see much sky at all because of all the trees! If you get it I want to come and visit you! :-) Praying...

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh Holly, I want you to get that place really bad! It's so cute, and you would have nothing but lots of fun living there. Can you imagine all of the adventures the kids could have? I've got my fingers crossed, and I'm praying for this for you, Farmer Holly!

Debbi said...

Holly,WOW, what pretty acreage...livin in the country is amazingly peaceful, huh? hope you get it!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Oh Holly~ I sure hope you get your heart's desire, you deserve it!

Lisa said...

If it is the right one you will get it! It seems great!
Hugs, Lisa

Nan said...

Oh I do so hope you get this Holly. I just loved this place. I enlarged all the photos and loved each of them. Imagine renting such a large place as this. Yes if it's meant to be then you will have it. I don't blame you a minute for wanting out of town I could never stand town myself so I know just how you feel.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I don't think you're crazy! I think it's wonderful! I knew the house in town was only temporary. I sure hope you get it. I think it's wonderful! Twyla

Queenie said...

Oh Holly,
I so hope that y'all get that gorgeous farm! I can definitely understand your willingness to pack everything back up again to move...I would feel the same way...I love the country. I love walking out my doors and seeing nothing but dirtroad and woods...(though we do have neighbors around, they are just through the woods and I can't see them :) The farm looks so peaceful and beautiful and the house is so cute too...a farm house...what on earth could be better?! I want one! You know I'll be praying for you and your family to get this :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a wonderful place for your whole family, including the grands! I completely understand your wanting to move there. My husband moved me to the country upon our marriage 29 years ago. Growing up as a city girl, I didn't appreiciate the country at first, but now I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The city gives me claustrophobia. I can't wait to see what's in store for you next.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thank you for commenting on the OA blog today!!!! I appreciate your kind, sweet words!

Lindsey

tales from an oc cottage said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOW amazing would this place be! Yippeeeee!

m ^..^

Jacqueline said...

Be encouraged...You've taken a step in the right direction! Anxious to hear if it was all meant to be.
Love and prayers sent for a future happy farm house.

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

It's beautiful! I hope you've gotten word by now☺

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

the area by the farm is gorgeous!! i think it'd be so peaceful to live on a farm:) i hope this works out for you all and you can have fun fixin' up this fixer-upper:)

♥ ya, miss ya too!!

Jenny S said...

Waahoo! I am keeping you in my prayers for this wonderful spot!!

Cheryl Ensom said...

I hope it works out!!!! I love it, Holly!