Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, August 6, 2010

Paper Babies!

Aw!
Yes folks, it's still baby time at Girls at Heart! Could it be because my dear DIL Sara is expecting again? ☺ By the end of Winter, I should be a gramma to 4! ☺And I'll get to be with this one! I picked up this big book of paper babies at my antique mall. Only $4.00!

They were made in 1970. I Love those bright 70s colors but the art work still has a lingering 60s feel.

Twin girls! One blond the other brunette- just like my grand girls!

They came with several outfits each and I'm going to laminate them and let the girls play with them when they each have their special day at gramma's. Eeek! I love the bunny!

Did I mention that my Sara wants twins?
I baby sit all 3 grands today while their mom and dad go look at a house to buy. I soooo hope they get it!
Sorry I've been MIA this week. I've been one sick girl! Over doing it- me thinks... It's hard for me to rest when there are still a few (hateful) boxes to unpack and blank walls just waiting to be decorated!
I have more things to show you but I've also been having the worse time with my pics not turning out lately! Don't you hate that? It's taking me a while to figure out the lighting in this new place. I think my pics are turning out but then when I upload them, I see that they are blurry!
We're supposed to cool down this week end! Whew! I took my boy and dog to the field last night and it was still 84 degrees! I really am loving Idaho, though! No humidity is way, way wonderful!
Have a great week end everyone and I hope to have more posts next week!

15 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Hi, Holly! So glad you're enjoying your new home and your sweet grandbabies--what fun!

Love your adorable baby images...thanks for showing them!

Have a beautiful day!

Julie

Nan said...

Oh what a great find you have there, darling babies. On the camera I have issues with a brand new camera sometimes, it happens.

Connie said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby, sweetpea! My granddaughter is loving her new daughter so much they're planning another one right away. I'm so thrilled.

Good luck on them buying a house and yesssss, we have no humidity here in Idaho but it gets HOT and COLD! Enjoy, chick...

xoxo,
Connie

Lori said...

Oh Holly glad I caught you!! DO NOT attempt to laminate the originals!! Get some hard paper and copy them, then laminate the ones you made. Often times what happens with old paper when you laminate, it looses all the color and turns white!! It can be devastating if you love the item!! Staples and places like that are pretty cheap to do so if you don't have a good printer, good luck!! Lori

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly! I was afraid you were sick! You must take care of yourself, you are so important to so many. I am so excited for you that you are going to get to be with the new grandbaby! How wonderful! These paper dolls are just so adorable. Great find! Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you feel better soon! Twyla

Sherry from Alabama said...

How cute! I have always loved paper dolls. That's how I used to spend most of my hard-earned allowance when I was a girl. It brings back such sweet memories of going to the Dime Store on Saturdays and spending quite a while picking out my paper dolls.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

The Grands will love playing with them. They are sweet. Another Grand :)
It's going to be in the 90's all next week...YUCK..it's already feeling humid tonight.
Happy weekend.
Deb :)

Lisa said...

I love them! I remember these!! I LOVED to get paper dolls and my mom was a sucker for them too so I got them a lot ;)
I hope you are feeling better and that you are getting your new home all homey!
Hugs, Lisa

Rebecca said...

Hi Miss H...Happy Pink Saturday to you!

Darling little babes my friend. Great deal for $4! Wow!

Hope you are lovin' your new home!

xoRebecca

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

What GORGEOUS paper dolls! They're so different and unique.

Congrats to your daughter and you too! What wonderful news!

Jill

NanE said...

What a great find, those babies are so sweet and great price too! Have a great weekend, Nan

Holly said...

Those paper dolls look familiar to me and I would've been old when playing with them then. =0) I have enjoyed your blog and love your name. =0)

Cathy said...

Hi Holly,

Congratulations, YOU HAVE WON MY FLEA MARKET SUNDAY DESTASH GIVE-AWAY.

Please email me with your home address and I will pull together a lovely package of goodies for you this week.

Glad you are feeling better and I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

xo Cathy,

p.s. atreasuredheirloom@comcast.net

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

cute!!! congrats on another grandbaby, a girl maybe? ♥

Queenie said...

Oh that baby paper doll book is the most darling thing....I know you were tickled pink to find that! Great idea to laminate them.

Congrats on the news of being a gramma again....and how wonderful that you will be there when the baby is born :)

Hope you are feeling much better now.
Big Hugs,
Queenie
P.S. I think you are doing a great job with your pictures.