Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vintage Pillow Case Idea


Hello girls! I saw this decorating idea on another blog a while back. Do you have a vintage bed pillow case that you want to make good use of? Put your pillow case on a square throw pillow and flap it over! So easy and it show cases the embroidery with a horizontal view. I like the casual cottage look it gives.

Don't give up on the resale shops, girls! I found this case for 25 cents in the linens bin!
Our whole family went to the river for a pick nick yesterday evening. It had been a while since we were all together. The highlight of the trip for me was hearing a huge splash and then seeing a beaver swimming in the river! He swam across and then went up on the bank. I could even see the shine in his big,fat tail! I had never seen one in the wild before so it was a real treat!
Have a wonderful day everyone! You are all precious in God's sight!
FARM UPDATE!
Woo-hoo! We got it! We're moving to the farm!!!!

10 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Baby Goods post on my blog today. It will make you smile and get those warm fuzzy baby cute feelings all over!

Lord, I pray if this farm home is to be, you will give Holly and family favor at this time. In Jesus name I pray.

A Vintage Chic said...

What a great idea, Holly--thanks for sharing it!

Glad you had a lovely time with your family!

Julie

Connie said...

Terrific idea, Holly! I really am going to try that one, sugar.
xoxo,
Connie

Lisa said...

I tell you there are no good things left cheap here! Our GW is ridiculous! Dollar store crap for $5!!!! It is really crazy!
Enjoy your moving ;) I know you will be happy this time!
Hugs, Lisa

Debbi said...

Holly, you got that pillowcase for only 25 cents???? Wow what a find for vintage hand embroidery. Great easy idea too. Congrats on getting the farm! I havent been on FB for a few days, so this is great news:)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I am Beside myself with joy over your news! I can't wait to see you get moved into your new farm house! This is a great idea for a pillowcase! I must give that a try! Love your sweet pillowcase too, I am so glad you found it! I Loved Jacqueline's prayer! You must come visit me today, I showed my new car! Twyla

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

Yay! I got your email and I am so glad you'll be moving to the farm soon☺ Cute decorating idea too and very simple and quick - just the kind I like!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

What a great idea! I'm just stopping in to say hello to a sorority sister...it is nice to meet you!

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
Thanks for the embroidered pillow case idea...I'll be doing that with some of my pillow cases that I have tucked away :)

I am so happy that y'all got the farm woohoo!!
Big hugs,
Queenie

Queenie said...

P.S. A day at the river with the family sounds like a blast...beavers are so cute, I have had the pleasure of seeing them a couple of times in the wild...I remember one time we were fishing and one came around near the boat, we at first thought it was an alligator eek! lol! :)