Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome To My Rose Closet


Old houses are full of fun surprises! Look at the vintage rose wallpaper in my upstairs linen closet! It's only on one wall, is barely hanging there and it's brittle. I'd love to preserve it somehow. Any ideas? I'd also love to know what era this might be from if anyone is in the know.

I think I get to go out to the farm and start cleaning tomorrow! A little bit has been done already but I need to do much more before moving in!

More pics to come this week!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Valarie said...

Lovely paper....I am no expert...but I'd guess the 40's?? I hope you get it down, and make something beautiful to share with us!!
xxoo Valarie

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

it is very pretty!

Diane said...

Holly, I agree with Valarie I think 40's, you can always seal it with Mod Poge, I cannot wait to follow your Vintage Farmhouse Adventures! oxox, Diane

Connie said...

It's beautiful and Mod Podge will save it if you want to keep it in there. I don't think I'd try to remove it though. That might destroy it forever, sweetpea.
xoxo,
Connie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I am so excited for you! The vintage wallpaper is precious and should be preserved. My idea was the same as Diane's. I would try sealing it with Mod Podge. Good luck with all your work! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Rebecca said...

I'd love to have a straight on picture of this. Hint Hint!

LOVE IT!

xo~Rebecca

Elyse said...

love that!

xo
elyse

Sarsaparilla said...

Ooh, I love that wallpaper too! My first guess on the age of the paper - before I looked at the comments - was the 1940's. I see that a few others were thinking the same thing. But I don't even know what year your house was built! (sorry, not caught up on earlier posts.) That might be the biggest clue. Or not.
- Susan

Jacqueline said...

What a find...I can only imagine how thrileld you are! It reminds me of these beautiful sheets my mom had in the early 60's. I don't think it's really really old because of the size of the flowers...but what do I know...just an uneducated guess!

Kim said...

Oh my.. That vintage wallpaper is lovely Holly. I sure hope you can find a way to properly seal it so no more damage occurs to it. I'm thinking that Modge Podge would be just the thing to do it. What a fun and pretty little suprise to see each time you open the closet doors :)