Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

High Ceilings!

Here I am live from the parking lot of the Troy library! I sure have missed you all! Our landlord has taken over the task of getting good Internet on the farm but we still don't know when it will be hooked up. I'm glad I (at least ) have this option for now. I would have gotten down here sooner but I've been really sick. I can't wait to feel healthy and excited again! I know those days will come soon.
All my kids and grands came out to the farm for my Birthday with presents, cake and even a balloon! I felt very loved. Thanks to all of *you* who sent birthday wishes my way! Between my blog and facebook, I knew I must have some Birthday wishes waiting for me and it was really fun to get online and read them just now! Here's another "farm" post that I already had lined up. Here's my partially stripped back door and stair window. In this pic, you can tell how high the ceilings are! Although high ceilings make it more difficult to heat a house, I still love them since I'm so tall! Can you tell that there's a cool old door knob on this door? I'll try to get a good pic. One of my rooms even has a glass/crystal knob but I've yet to get a good pic of it!

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to be online again but hopefully SOON!

8 comments:

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

I am glad to see you here today and so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Yes I can see the old knob...how fun! You are going to do wonders with your new place~

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I sure MISS you!!! So glad to see you on line today. Have a nice week! Twyla

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
Oh I miss you too girl...I do hope that you get the internet at the farm soon...you are so sweet to go to the library to do a post...I've been there and done that before.

I hope that you get to feeling better soon...you just rest and take good care of yourself okay :)
Hope to hear from you again soon...you are in my thoughts and prayers...
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Queenie said...

P.S.
I love that shabby door, I think I'd leave it just the way it is... and the high ceilings are the best....it makes a home feel so much bigger...I know you love it :) The view outside the door is so pretty!

So glad that your kids and grands came out to the farm to visit to celebrate your birthday with you...I can imagine it's been the best one ever...hey, email me your new address when you get the chance okay?
Big Hugs,
Queenie

~~Carol~~ said...

The door to our attic has one of those glass knobs on it. Seems kind of silly to love a door knob, but I DO love that door knob!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Oh my Holly~ hope you are back to your old self and nesting soon.
Hugs!

Jacqueline said...

I'm sure, we will all be waiting for our Holly to return. Glad you are feeling better. Easy to get run down when you are on the move as you've been. Need your new address...a little something to send to make you smile.

Creative Breathing said...

Holly! I finally found you! I have been trying to replace my favorite blog list with little thumb nail photos and couldn't for the life of me find you by google search. So happy I have. Don't you dare touch those creamy worn kitchen cupboards. The patina is wonderful! I also LOVE the counters. I know primary aren't your favorite, but just think of how cute red and yellow will go! Or Green and Pink! Love, your house posts! Have a lovely fall weekend! E