Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Linen Closet


Remember this rose paper? This is the cupboard it is in. See the surrounding wall? Looks like those walls had the same paper plus many other layers, too! The previous renter was in the process of re-doing this wall but now it gets to be my job- some day!

Old houses are so fun! I counted 7 different layers of wall papers in my bedroom closet! Ha! This house has enough projects to last a life time!
I'm blogging from the library parking lot again! I plan on having a good long Internet sesion sometime between Monday and Wed. and then I'll get by to see all of you! I've so apreciated your comments since I feel a bit isolated without Interent! I'm still glad to be on the farm but checking email has been a part of my life for the past 20 plus years!
Our landlord is paying big bucks to get high speed internet to the farm! What a Godsend! We don't have a time estimate yet. They have to put up poles, towers, and all sorts of gizmos to make it work! I'll keep you posted.

13 comments:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

Thank you for the bday wishes my dear!!! :)

Hopefully the post office will have an answer!! keeping my fingers crossed!

cottonfieldfarm said...

Goodness gracious, what a precious blog! I love all your vintage pictures and that wonderful old farm house! You are very blessed! Don't you just love redoing old things and bringing new life to them?
I'm now following you on GFC and will be back to visit! Please stop by the farm and say hello when you get a chance! I'll look for your button and grab it. Would be honored if you grabbed mine!
Regina

Sherry from Alabama said...

What fun, but hard work you have ahead of you. I'm so glad you're getting internet service soon. I know how isolated you can feel without it. Come by and visit me when you can, I've got home projects going too. I repainted my fireplace this week and posted pictures yesterday.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Nan said...

Wow I'm impressed the landlord is going to all that expense for his rental. You lucked out there didn't you. Well I bet you'll end up having some fun with fixing up things in the house that don't cost too much as it is a rental or maybe the landlord would pay for them too? I know back when we rented we would try and get him to pay if possible.

~~Carol~~ said...

It sounds like you have a really great landlord! I think most wouldn't care one bit whether you had internet or not. Thankfully it sounds like this guy realizes the importance of it!
There may be alot of projects in this house, but I think you're going to have fun with them, and really put your own stamp on this house, making it your home!
Happy Weekend!
Carol

Marydon said...

Fabreze will get that wallpaper off in a snap, I mean squirt! Squirt, let stand, squirt & peel ... love it!

Have a great week ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Elaine said...

I love old farm house. As a child growing up on several farms I lived in many big houses with lots of wall paper.. That was the in things then. Your landlord is very kind to see that you get high speed internet. I know I would miss mine.

Miss Rhea said...

Oooh, that paper is SO pretty !! I hope you were able to save it. :) The house is Wonderful !! You are indeed Blessed :)

Elyse said...

hi holly,

enjoy your farm -- soon to go techie!

xo
elyse

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, that is just the Best news that you're getting high speed at the farm! God Bless understanding landlords! Old houses have so much character and I can't wait to see you add your layer of charm to what is already there. Twyla

Queenie said...

Hey Holly,
Love that wallpaper and the cupboard too :)
Oh, I know you will be so glad to be able to check your emails from the farm....instead of the library parking lot. I'm glad you'll be able to get the internet service out there...just hang in there sweetie, you'll have internet again soon! It will all come together :)
Big Hugs,
Queenie

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh what fun your mus be having in a home so full of character!

m ^..^

Jacqueline said...

What a girl has to go through to have some fun!!!