Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Finally- A Trip To Sally Annes!

The antique mall is great but I *really* love getting vintage goodies at the thrift shop! In this case the thrift shop was our local Salvation Army, more affectionately referred to as Sally Annes! (These cherry coasters are newer but I thought they'd make a cute opening photo!) ☺ I spent $3.50 to add to my Pflaltzgraff collection. Not too bad, eh? I already have this sugar bowl but $1.50? I couldn't pass it up!

And I thought I'd add to my collection of "I don't necessarily love this but it's vintage for just pennies so I'll get it" collection. It says Homer Laughlin on the back.
Some of my Christmas presents this year came from our new local (right here in town!) antique shop! I can't wait to show you! I'm so thrilled about this little shop! I was super shy to go in for the first time but now you won't be able to keep me away!
Hope you all survived Christmas! ☺ More than anything, I wanted the Internet for Christmas but I still don't have it. What a drama! I won't even try and explain it to you!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Nice finds....I love our local Sally Anne's :)
Blessings to you Holly...hope you are on line soon! Can't wait to see that Antique Shop...

~~Carol~~ said...

You're so lucky to have a Sally near you, and one that's actually any good! There's one about a half hour away, and it's so trashy. We have nothing in our town! Love all of your finds, and I can't wait to see what presents you got. I'm saving mine for Rednesday and Pink Saturday!
Merry day after Christmas!
Carol

stefanie said...

ooooo, a new treasure site!!!

Elyse said...

i always call salvation army "salvy" -- funny how we all have these nicknames for it!

sorry you didn't get the internet but hope you had a very merry christmas!

xo
elyse

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Glad to hear you've gotten to do some thrifting. It sure does a girl good:) Love your finds! I was hoping you'd have internet by now, too:( Keeping my fingers crossed. Twyla