Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, January 3, 2011

For You Girls That Miss The Snow

Happy Monday, girl hearts! This is looking down my driveway toward the HWY and off into one of the pastures on our farm. *OUR* farm! Can you believe it? God has been so good to us!
We've been having some blue sky days lately and it sure has perked me up! It makes the snow look so lovely instead of just plain cold!

I'm working on some make overs in my craft room /sweet retreat instead of finishing up decorating in there... Much to my dismay, there is NO Pink Polka Dot paper in the house! How *DO* these things happen?! ☺

I had the most wonderful idea this week! Ya know how I love Pink? Well, I love Red, too! I really do! I'm slowing turning my kitchen into a Red vintage farm kitchen that reminds me of mom and grandma and it makes me feel quite domestic but when I see that old Pink kitchen stuff, my heart does a double flip and I want a martini! (Just kiddin'!) I really do want both types of kitchens and I haven't known what to do! So, here comes the great idea- I decided that I'd start collecting Pink kitchen stuff too and it can go in my sweet retreat on my Shabby Chic book case and other places in there too! Good idea?

Well, I think I might be coming out of my post Christmas coma. How about you? Ya know, it's okay to hibernate a bit. You'll know when it's time to come out!

Come back tomorrow to see my latest give away win!

7 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

I'm having the same dilemma Holly! I want a pink and red kitchen, but I don't know how to pull it all together without it looking like a box of melted crayons!
I'm sad that the rain melted all of our snow! I love snow, because then I don't have to see the brown grass. Your farm looks like a winter wonderland!
Happy Monday!
Carol

NanE said...

Oh wow, that picture of the snow is gorgeous but glad it is you! :) I think the idea of the kitchen sounds fab and can't wait to see pictures! Have a fun week, Nan

Marydon said...

G'day, Holly ~ You may send that snow M way ... I am dying to see what you do with your kitchen. I sold so much vintage kitchen wares in our shops & fell in love with it all but never did anything with it here, so this will be fun to see where you take it all.

Pop over for our lovely CSN GIVEAWAY!

Have a beautiful New Year ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Yes, we are jealous of your snow! Especially Lindsey. I think you could have a pink And red kitchen. We love those colors together, but I know what you mean about the old red kitchens. I'll look forward to seeing what you won tomorrow! Have a beautiful day! Twyla

Debbi said...

Holly, love your snow pics...cold here in the Willamette Valley but no snow. I have a love/hate relationship with snow..love it if I can stay home. Hate it if it snows on work days since me day job is traveling in my car from call to call--ugh!
Cant wait to see what you come up with in your kitchen...it will be cute I now it!

Nan said...

Well I'm jealous as all our snow down here has melted off and we are having a few days of rain. I would take snow any day over rain. I think pink works in a real retro kitchen, I've seen it done.

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

The snow is GORGEOUS!!! I love old red farmhouse stuff, too! i think your idea of putting the pink in your "retreat" is a great idea!