Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Roses And Dots

You Likey?! There were actually 4 napkins but 3 look better in a photo. There is also a table cloth to match but it is veeeeery faded and stained. Betty must have used it a lot yet never used the napkins. (Betty is my imaginary vintage friend who once owned these. ☺) I will try treating the stains and see if they come out. Price? $4.00 for them all!

I love going into our new little antique shop and I plan on going in once a week! I also went to the antique mall recently but I keep waaaaaiting for the sun to come out so I can get pics of those treasures! Don't give up on the hunt girls! There are still bargains out there to be had!

Have a super duper day!

6 comments:

JennyMay said...

Adorable Blog!

Kim said...

What pretty napkins Holly. I love vintage napkins and tablecloths. I keep my favorite vintage pink/blue/green floral patterned tablecloth on my kitchen table all year around and just use my others for display in my little china hutch.

A tip for you on getting stains out of your tablecloth (shared by a lady from whom I purchased one of my vintage tablecloths a few years ago). For any stains in the white sections of the tablecloth, soak a QTip or cotton ball with bleach and just dab the bleach on the stained spots and they should disappear. Just make sure you don't use so much bleach that it soaks into the colored sections. I did it on mine and it worked perfectly. Then wash the tablecloth in cold water and air dry. No help from me though on how to remove stains from the colored sections. Those you may have to live with if you can't find a way to remove them.

Kim

~~Carol~~ said...

Those napkins are so pretty, and I can only imagine how gorgeous the tablecloth is! Just perfect for a 4th of July picnic!

Christie said...

Love those new treasures, they are gonna be perfect in your red farmhouse kitchen!

notes of sincerity said...

Oh what a darling find!

Holly said...

Hi, I'm not sure if you know this tip for getting stains out of vintage linens or not. It almost always works on the ones I buy at the thrift store. Spray the stains with Lime-A-Way mold and mildew cleaner, hang in the sun and then launder. I've never had any colors fade but the stains go away. Just thought you would like to know.