Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Strawberry And Check Lamp

I'm linking up with Sue over at It's A Very Cherry World for Rednesday! Hello Winter weary friends! I have 4 reds in one for you today!
A red lampshade, strawberry bracelet for an accent, a fruity linen and a red and white enamel ware inverted pot that's more rust than enamel ware. ☺ I needed more light in this corner of my farm house kitchen so I brought in this little lamp. The inverted pot gave me the height it needed.
See my vintage Green counter tops? The only thing I can like about them is that they are vintage.
We've been having a bit more sunshine up here in Idaho- how about you? These winter blues and blahs have just GOT to go soon!
Here's a funny:
Yesterday, while driving my van down the mountain to town, a mouse ran across the floor board on the passenger side! I screamed and grabbed tight to the wheel! I was soooo scared he would run out again and scare me and make me wreck!!! Ha-ha-ha! I just kept talking to him real LOUD and told him to STAY over there and NOT come out again but I about had a FIT! He stayed put and I had the guys set a trap when I got home but oh my! What a drive to town and back!
Have a great day, girl friends!

10 comments:

Angela said...

Love the lamp and the vintage table cloth..I would have done the same thing with that mouse,,LOL. Once while yard saling I noticed a hornet in my girlfriend's car in the back seat, so I started to scream,,,and told her to pull over. I even started to open the car door,LOL....Well low and behold not only was there one hornet but 13 of them..they had a little hive going on with a toy garage center I had bought at a yard sale,LOL. Guess what we did? We left the darn thing on the side of the road and drove away...We still crack up about it every time we drive by that road and it's been over two years now.

~~Carol~~ said...

That's a funny story! I've heard that when people have accidents for no apparent reason, it's because there was a bee or wasp in the car, or in your case a mouse. I know they're just as afraid as we are, but I would have been screaming the whole way, afraid it would crawl up my leg! Oh, and your lamp is very cute, just perfect for your farmhouse!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Very very funny! Oh those pesky mice they can hide anywhere! Love your little lamp...it is just adorable. I'm your newest follower too!
Blessings,
Debbie

GrammyMouseTails said...

Love the cloth & lamp. I would be a wreck with a mouse in my car, or any buzzy bug! have a fun week!
~Faythe @ GMT

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Holly,
I bet the mouse was scared of you! Maybe he needed a ride to town.
Deb

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh dear, Holly! I would have jumped out of that van! You are brave to have ridden with him in there with you. Love your lamp. The bracelet was a genius idea! Twyla

Kim said...

Good morning Holly..

Your lamp is so sweet with the red & white checks. Definately has a vintage charm to it, especially with the red heart bracelet you added around the base. Adding the bracelet like you did keeps the white lamp base from being a bit on the boring side, and I love how you've placed the vintage napkin underneath to add and even bigger pop of color.

I sure would love to come spend some time with you in your cheerful kitchen on a sunny spring day!!

Sherry from Alabama said...

What happy reds! They are so cheery. We are promised warm, sunny days for the rest of this week. I'm so enjoying the spring-like weather here, even the rainy days!

I hope your guys catch that nasty little rat for you! What a miserable drive you must have had.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Queenie said...

Oh my gosh Holly, what a day to town honey... whew...good thing you didn't wreck the van, I probably would have! I'm talkin' for real. Hope you catch that mouse before your next trip to town...no make that fingers crossed and a prayer girl. My mama once had several mice trying to set up housekeeping in her mustang one time, and she was terrified...thankfully She got rid of them though. I thought she was never gonna drive her car again!

Your lamp is so cute...red checks are my favorite and I love the vintage cloth.... what a great idea to use the strawberry bracelet to embellish the lamp...love that! Thanks for my dose of cuteness for the day :) Hope you have a great one...
Big hugs,
Queenie

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

I too love that sweet lamp and the vintage cloth!! So very pretty and would look great in my Kitchen too!!

Hugs,
Debbie