Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Newest Treasures!

Quack- quack! Look girls! I finally have a 'fill with hot water' vintage baby bowl! Does anyone know a better name? My antique store owner friend gave this to me for $7.00! Woo-hoo! Thank you so much Marilyn!


I also picked up this cute little tin for my kitchen. I had a hard time photographing *it*.
I just keep adding more and more poultry to the farm- don't I? And I don't even have to clean up after these!


We do plan on getting real laying hens this Spring but the cool and rainy weather has slowed down our motivation big time! Blaaaaaah!




Girls, I'm thrilled to say that I've lost 8 pounds since I began my weight loss journey!
I wasn't sure if I could lose anything until we got the pool up so I'm tickled! I've worked really hard but it's been so worth it! You can do it too- you just have to WANT to!


After my first 5 pounds, I rewarded my self with a new bathing suit top and for my second 5 pounds, I get to have my hair cut professionally! I generally cut my own hair until it's so messed up that I can't stand it anymore! Ha! It helps me to have little rewards dangling in front of me so for the 5 pounds after that- I'll get new jeans!! Can you tell I'm excited?




Hope everyone has a great day!

7 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

Way to go, girl!! Congrats on that 8 pound loss! I have been walking 30-40 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week since Feb and don't think I have lost a single pound. Super discouraging. I know that it's harder for women to lose weight after meno, but had no idea how hard until now.

GerryART said...

Congrats on your loss!
hugs
Gerry

Nan said...

Cute little dish. Good deal on the weight. A life long battle for some. Exercise is the key but no one wants to hear that lol..I gained about 17 pounds after menopause (even with all my workouts) and lost it last year when we went Primal/Paleo eating. We continue to eat like this not going back to the sugars if you do you are back where you started. Holly I have to actually work to keep weight on now, my body wants to drop more but at my age I need to hold 10 pounds more than when I was 20 otherwise my face looks to drawn. Nan

My Vintage Mending said...

Congratulations. That is wonderful. I am a horrible dieter. NO will power here. How cute is that sweet bowl? Keep up the great work...smiles...Renee

Jacqueline said...

My goodness, all the chickens are talking about it from Idaho to Washington! Holly is on the farm and loosing weight. I love the goals you set for yourself. I think you are such a smarty pants. I bet soon you'll be in a size smaller of those famous smarty pants. I need to find some smarty pants! Wink!

Lori said...

Congrats Holly. I know I've lost cause my clothes are unflatteringly sagging, yet the scale says otherwise! Oh how I remember filling those dishes many years ago for nieces and nephews! Thanks so much for always thinking of me, sometimes I feel dreadfully alone here, this truly is the greatest loss. Sending love your way, hows the weather, hot and humid here. May had 15 inches of rain! Lori

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

Congrats on the weight loss sweetie ♥