Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, May 28, 2011

True Blue

Hello girls! Here's proof that the Pink and Red girl can do blue, too! My living room is in Blue for the boys. This is my $30.00 Goodwill find Shabby Chic book case which does double duty as a china hutch! I recently put all my blue dishes on it in the living room. I'm only showing you this one shelf but I'll show you the others when they are done. On this shelf we have antique Currier and Ives, vintage Alpine and modern Cath Kidston. Does it work?

*Dollar Tree Display Easels:

Every time I go to the Dollar Tree, I pick up some of these! They come in three sizes. I want to spray paint them White some day. I'm terrible about painting. I have 2 boxes full of "to paint" items!

Trouble Commenting?

When blogger sends you through the sign in hoops, uncheck the "keep me signed in " box and you'll stay signed in! Go figure! Poor blogger... So many tech problems lately. I'm glad I'm not in charge!


Holly

Have a great week end!

9 comments:

Queenie said...

Hey Holly!
So fun catching up with your posts that I'd missed! Your blue shelf looks so pretty...blue and white always looks so fresh doesn't it?! Can't wait to see the others when you finish decorating :)

What a great way to enjoy drinking more water...I'm lovin' your newest cherry glass find and love your happy hutch filled with treasures too! All those old cards mixed in makes it sooo adorable :)

Hope you have a happy weekend...
Big hugs always,
Queenie

Lisa said...

Cute cute cute!! Love the shelf!! Enjoy your new goodies!!
Hugs, Lisa

GerryART said...

Haven't thought about painting my easels, what's a matter with my creative mind?
hugs

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the heads up about the comments on blogger. Goodness, I can only comment about 5 times and then it's all over until the next time I get on. I will try what you say. I think you have to cross your eyes too when you do it to make it work!

stefanie said...

so pretty, what would we do without a goodwill?

My Vintage Mending said...

Holly I am loving peeking in on all your cabinets. These dishes are darling. Enjoy your holiday...Smiles...Renee

Kim said...

A wonderful display of beauty as usual Holly. And I'm guessing your boys are thankful they aren't surrounded totally by pink.

I always wonder myself how much I'd have to change my decorating style if I lived in a house that was also occupied by a man. He'd likely not appreciate all my florals and girly things.

~~Carol~~ said...

Love the hutch, especially the pretty trim on the sides! And I like that you do all different colors throughout your house, like me. We are not just RED girls!
I already had the "keep me signed in" box checked, and it still wouldn't let me comment!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I love your 'blues'. I found out over the weekend that your Swiss Alpine pattern is made by Marcrest. Don't know if you already knew that or not. So much trouble commenting, hope this goes through. Happy Memorial day and have a nice week! Twyla