Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trim Time!

A couple of weeks ago, my treasure hunting took on a trim theme. I found this Cigar box full of vintage seam binding at my Local antique store. I thought I would alter the box some day but my husband liked it so I gave it to him. I popped all the trim in my tin foil dispenser thingy instead. Cute, huh? It all fits perfectly.



I also went to my local thrift store on the same day and found a bag full of assorted trims but these giant Yellow pom poms were the winners. I wonder how long they will sit around before I do something with them. ☺

I'm still waiting on the day that vintage Christmas ornaments will be the theme! It's worth the wait AND the hunt!


Do your hunts ever take on a theme?


If you feel down in the dumps today, I encourage you to go hunting for the GOOD and FREE things in your life! They are the best bargains!

7 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

My hunting days definitely take on themes when I've got special projects in my head. There's nothing like finding exactly what you've been looking for!

But, it's also fun to go shopping for nothing in particular and come home with a treasure you had no idea you could live without!!

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow what a great find. I love finding trims, and laces, buttons...you name it...I love sewing trims and enjoy finding creative things to make with them. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Blessings,
Debbie

GardenofDaisies said...

Your box is the perfect size for your sewing trims! My ears just perfked up... did I just hear someone mention Vintage Christmas? Where? I am so into Vintage at the holidays.

Susan S. said...

I love the various trips you got in the cigar box. I have a box like that from my mother. It's so fun to dig thru and use them.
I DO get stuck on themes while bargain shopping. Lately I've been looking for yard art...things that were meant for the yard and things that weren't....but they end up on my fence, in flowerbeds, etc.

Jann Olson said...

Oh what finds! And I love that tin foil dispenser. I found yellow pom-poms on a treasure hunt one time also, they are among my favs. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, your dispenser is adorable! I find that lots of times during a day of antiquing everything will match and take on a theme that I am buying. Have a great day! Twyla

Jacqueline said...

That tin foil dispenser rocks! I like it, what a fun idea!
Yep, yep...I start with a theme and end up with many themes!
Yesterday I found a vintage stole for my desk, chrome with blue and white flowers that you would love and I came home with that and magazines and band boxes for my bedroom. Go figure...the theme was "FIND A VINTAGE CHAIR"