Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pink Mela-something Dishes!

Looky here, girls! I took soooo many pics of my latest antique mall find but I narrowed them down to just a few! This is a big batch of plastic dishes. Before, I would have said they were Melamine but now I'm not sure. Someone please educate me so I don't have to Google it. Only the sugar bowl is chipped but with a little scrubbing, they all look new!

All the dishes were in the same booth except for the bowl that says Malloware. My 3 year old granddaughter loves to play with these and so does her Gramma! My childhood was void of pink so I revel in these. Even my husband likes them and says they bring back such good memories for him.

I like them plain but I couldn't help experimenting with just ONE cup!

I put a different Meyercord decal on each side. Eeek! I know my GG will really love this! I can just hear her now! I'm going to give it to her for her upcoming birthday.

These decals are so hard for me to photograph! The light has to be just right to prevent blur but then there's a glare from the shine of the decal...


I hadn't been able to spend anything at the antique mall since Winter so it was really fun but of course I saw things that I couldn't have and that ALMOST made me grumpy! I really want to be thankful for what I HAVE instead of longing for what I don't have.


Enjoy your weekend!

17 comments:

Jane said...

Very pretty! Love the cup with the sweet decals! That's so funny to think of those dishes (melmac? melomine?) as "antiques" - makes me feel so OLD! We had yellow :)
Jane-Jacksonville

Jacqueline said...

I love the pink ones and the teal ones. I'm very tempted to buy them up too when I see them. You brave girl living it up at the Holly Farm and adding more pink, they are the perfect fit!

I must admit, I'm getting some jealous twangs. I'm trying to transform the Tuscan look to a Bavarian look and the pink...ew...just does not fit in right. Perhaps I should reconsider but the gnomes are too upset for more change. Some of them are moving inside and pink was voted out!

Smiling at your humor over the cupboard. You did have me fooled. What did you do? Pull your Holly spunk out of the trunk! Giggle Holly giggle!

Ginger said...

You made a wise purchase. If I was in that store before you I would have scooped them up. Melmac was the first dishes I had as a married lady. Guess I'm antique also. Lol. They last and last unless you melt them.

Ann said...

I remember these pink ones from the 1950's, would LOVE to have some of them.
Beautiful
Ann

Protector of Vintage said...

Love your pink dishes!!!

Elyse said...

how adorable -- especially with the sweet decal!

xo
elyse

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh how cute. I love that decal idea. Makes them just perfect...nice to hear a man appreciates such great vintage goodies...smiles...Renee

Scrap for Joy said...

I love your pink dishes and they look like they're in fantastic shape! What fun Holly! The cup with the decals is adorable..you did a great job. Congratulations on your weight loss...it's so hard to lose in the summer...too much good food to eat. You look so happy!!
xoxo
Joyce

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

Very cute!! love the idea of putting the decals on them:)

Shelia said...

Oh, I love your pink dishes and look at those darling little decals! Makes my heart go pitter pat!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mom Walds Place said...

Your pink melamine is, is, ...I cannot find the words, it is so wonderful!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! What perfectly perfect dishes! I grew up with melamine dishes. I beleive that is what they ARE and Melmac and Melware, etc. are just brand names. I wish I could make my kitchen over in all pink, but I have too much invested in Folk Art Pfaltzgraff! I will just live vicariously through you! Have a lovely day! Twyla

~~Carol~~ said...

These are SO you, Holly! And I love what you did with the little cup. If I had those decals, I would probably hoard them and never use them, they're so cute! I grew up with the Mela-stuff, all different pastel colors, and I swiped a couple of the plates from my Mom a few weeks ago!

heartfelt living said...

Hi Holly,
I just love your pink dishes. They were a great find. I would love to have a set just like them.
The decals are perfect on the cup! What little (or big) girl wouldn't love to receive one. : )
xx
Karen

Roselle said...

Hi Holly!
Those pieces are amazing. The cup with the decal is gorgeous!!! I love them all. What a score!
xo
Roselle

retrorevival.biz said...

Hahaha! I laughed out loud when I read the title of your post ~ I never know what to call these! Your stash is gorgeous! Lucky you:)

~Cindy

Cheryl said...

Oh man... now I want me some pink dishes too!!!
You lucky duck!!!