Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Please Pass The Popcorn Chenille!

Hurray for THE garage sale find of the year- so far anyway! A full size White popcorn chenille bedspread with no stains or tears for $12.00! ( Note the rows of freshly mowed hay in the back ground!)There is only one spot with some missing threads but it's not noticeable at all. This beauty was WELL made back in the day!! It was REALLY heavy when it was wet from the wash! I had to wait for the skies to cloud up to take these photos. The sun made it TOO bright!

It has a flower/ flower pot pattern. My husband says he thinks his grandmother had one just like this!

I can't tell you how heavenly it was to snuggle down under this bedspread once it was washed and hung on the line! It smelled of fresh green hay and sunshine and it made the most wonderful rustling sound! I could have a whole house full of chenille and still want more!


well girls, I so appreciated all the enthusiasm about my pink dishes. Thank you so much for all your comments. I'm so glad I have a community that "gets me" on this. With my Internet being so slow now, I've ALMOST wanted to give up on blogging lately but I'm glad I've hung in there! You are all such wonderful women and you are the frosting on my cupcake!


Have a great day everyone!

13 comments:

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

What a fantastic spread you found! I love chenille too!!

My Vintage Mending said...

Holly that is gorgeous. My girlfriend in college tried to teach me how to do it but I never caught on. What an heirloom. The rows are almost as yummy. We have our fair share of those in Kansas. All in a good days work...smiles...Renee

~~Carol~~ said...

I remember one of these on my parents' bed, way back when! And I had a pink one on my bed when I was little. I guess that's why chenille gives me such a cozy feeling whenever I see it. Do you always line dry your laundry? SO wish I could have a clothesline!

Sandy said...

Oh Holly!!!!! Wow....my Mom and Dad had a popcorn chenile bedspread that after they passed I tried to keep it in one piece, but it was so thin it just fell apart....just lines and lines of little pom poms....This made me think of it! What an amazing garage sale find!

Nan said...

That's quite a nice find for you and so lovely it will be on your bed. I tried to leave a pink dishes comment twice but gave up. Something went amiss but I forget what it was now! I do adore those sweet pink dishes and would have grabbed them up myself if I could have.

vivian said...

Love the chenile spread Holly. what a great find. Ive picked up a couple here and there that werent in great shape to make bears out of, they make WONDERFUL teddy bears!
have a great day
vivian

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! LOVE your chenelle spread! It's a very striking pattern! I don't normally see such intricate pattern. I am so happy you found it! I have one I found at a thrift store right now and I had one years ago that we literally wore out. There is nothing like sleeping under a chenille spread. They are the most comfortable! I am so glad you haven't quit blogging! I would have been so sad:( Have a nice day!

Jacqueline said...

Don't ya dare go away from blog-land or I'm gonna have to get in my hot raspberry mitsubishi and come over there and knock some sense in you!
Ha...only Molly could tell you like it is!

I bet that bedspread is just divine and warm as toast. My mother-in-law had one that I would sleep under and it was heavy but snuggly too.

Yikes, can you believe this weather? Gosh, it's enough to make you spit!!!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Gorgeous!!!

You did luck out! Great find!

Cory Fanclub A and L said...

Thats cool... i like your blog!!!
Come visit mine!!!

Sherry from Alabama said...

Hi Holly! I just dropped by to catch up on your recent doings and saw your beautiful spread! What a wonderful cover for your bed! I know you'll have sweet dreams while cuddled under that white cloud.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Cheery Blossom Avenue said...

What an excellent find! I love chenille and am always on the look out for more, shockingly I can still find a few pieces every year that fit within my budget. I'm still looking for the *one* that is full of color (maybe a peacock) that would fit my bed... good luck to me as I have a queen bed with a pillowtop- I wind up using a king to cover all the linens :(

retrorevival.biz said...

Lucky, lucky you! Gorgeous! And what a deal:)

~Cindy