Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back To The 70s Daisy Canister

Hello girls! My MIL had a whole set of these canisters in different sizes in the 70s. She got rid of them all in the early 80s and somehow, I snagged one! I kept flour in it for my gravy making until recently. My current stove top is very hot and my poor vintage canister melted! I won't show you the melted side. It's too sad. But now it holds craft supplies for me and adds a vintage pop of color to my craft room. These were the colors of my girlhood bedroom and they bring back many memories! I have an afghan in these same colors and I'll show that to you on another day.

Don't we just love things that remind us of our childhoods? My 13 year boy old has requested that this canister be given to him when I'm gone. ☺ NOT that he would display it or anything! He said he would put it in a box! Hee-hee!

I hope you have something to help you laugh today!

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL That is so cute of him1 I do love it, so bright and cheery! :D

Shelley said...

I remember those colors....and the canisters...I think my mama might have had some...blessings.

Jacqueline said...

Out of the blue my daughter said to me last month...mom, don't ever give your original Barbies and toys away...I think I want them! She has not had much interest before. It thrilled me!
I have seen the canister set but I think it's hard to come by in these parts. You don't see it around very often. I've melted the sides to many things...were two of a kind! Ha!

Ruby Jean said...

Isn't that just ADORABLE...I remember having a Snoopy Thermos like that and it carried my Spaghetti O's in it...I always remember having to turn that lid...And smiling as I saw those WARM YUMMY O's staring back at me... Fun Memories..

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Poor cannister! Maybe you can find a whole set someday! Micah would need to get a bigger box! Have a fun day, Holly! Twyla

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Hi Holly! Thanks for your visit today. I need to come to your blog more...it is wonderful! I'm loving all your vintage goodies. They are great. Don't you love it when you find a treasure? I know I squeal all the way to the cashier!
Big blessings!

Debbie

VintageBettys said...

Holly, That is so sweet that your son wants to keep it! We know all about melting things in my house! One time we put the tupperware bowls, a nice set of three in the oven for storage. Unfortunely someone preheated the oven and forgot to check it. They all three of them melted all over the racks! What a mess! We are glad you can still use your canister :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Laura and Michele

GardenofDaisies said...

Holly, I LOVE your daisy canister!! (Do you have any photos of what your room looked like?)

Kim said...

Cute!! I sure wish you lived closer to me as there is an antique store about an hour and a half from where I live that you would just LOVE. It's loaded with aisles and aisles of vintage kitchen stuff and you'd be in vintage kitchenware heaven.

Heidi Ann said...

That's such a pretty canister! I wish you had pictures of your girlhood bedroom to show us. And yes - I absolutely love things that remind me of my childhood!