Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, August 29, 2011

Aqua Shabby Frame

I'm linking up with Ruby Jean/Angelina's My Blue Monday! Don't you just love her button? Her is an old frame I bought at garage sale a couple years ago. It was gold but I painted it a bright Aqua /blue with paint I mixed myself. Have to get that just right color-ya know?


I hot glued a vintage nursery lamb from blogger Linda to the corner of the frame and then hung my Swiss Alpine plates inside! These are the plates of my early childhood and I'm always on the look out at the thrifts for other pieces to match! Many blogging friends have gifted me with small plates and even 2 berry bowls! I actually saw a tea pot at the GW once but it was all chipped and cracked. Now I wish I would have bought it anyway. Thrifters remorse.... We all know about that- right?



My plates were adhered to the wall with Velcro fasteners. Do not try this if you live in a humid climate!


Girls, If you didn't see my last post, I'm soon going to be changing my blog name to *Cutie Pie Cottage*. I'll be kicking off this change with a new Dotty Hop blog party and a small give away, too! Stay tuned!


Love and laugh today!


Holly

7 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

That aqua blue is one of my favorite colors these days! And it looks like I'm going to have to start buying dotty things, so that I can join your party at the new Cutie Pie Cottage each week!

Mindy said...

What a great idea! It looks adorable. How did you attach the plates?

Ruby Jean said...

What a FUN way to display plates....Like Mindy just asked..How did you adhere the plates...????

OOOOHHHH!!!! a New LOOK I can't wait to see it...And a DOT HOP...Who doesn't LOVE DOTS...So excited...

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! Love this creation of yours! I am So looking forward to the kick off of your 'new' blog! I'll be joining in your blog hop! Enjoy your day! Twyla

retrorevival.biz said...

Ooooh, love aqua! Very pretty, creative project!

~Cindy

Lori said...

OMG too stinkin cute Holly!!! How perfectly they match! Lori

GardenofDaisies said...

This is such a cute idea! I have been seeing these alpine plates at all the vintage stores recently. Just saw a bunch at one of the stores I wandered through on Saturday.