Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Linen My friend- Is Blowin' In The Wind

The linen- Is blowin' in the wind. ☺
This is my newest vintage table cloth. It is quite faded but it likes my kitchen table/counter anyway. It does NOT like coffee spilled on it though so in the wash it went! I hung it on the line and thought to take some pics but it's windy here on the edge of the Palouse! The air is seldom still.

My table cloth was flapping hard but I thought I'd give it a try. Even though they are a bit blurry, I think the flappiest ones turned out the best!

Yes, it's faded and there are a few tiny holes in it but for $4.00 I thought it belonged in my farm cottage kitchen.

Since there is red in this table cloth, I'm linking up to Rednesday at It's A Very Cherry World! Go visit Sue to see a list of this weeks red celebrators!


There's a new name change coming to my blog! *Cutie Pie Cottage*


I will always be a girl at heart but Cutie Pie Cottage defines me and my crafts even more.


Also, get ready for a new blog party- *Dotty Hop Day* where dot lovers of the world can unite!


PS I don't care what spell check says, "flappiest" IS a real word on my blog! ☺

10 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Very pretty, I'll have to admit the last few loads of wash I did I let the loads air dry on the line.. it sure is a good way to save money, and really for the linen tablecloths I think it even helps them to be brighter. I did read once that it is also good to dry them out on your lawn cannot remember why! Hugs, Diane

My Vintage Mending said...

Holly that is gorgeous. Most of mine have some sort of imperfection...that is called history. I love that part. Sometimes even highlight it in my sewing. Imagine all the meals served around that beauty. Oh the stories it could tell. Wish I could pin my laundry on the line. I do it at my moms. It smells heavenly...smiles...Renee

Jacqueline said...

YES! Clap, clap! I'm voting for the name change and it describes you well. Shelley as you know changed her blog name too and added a different style. Women of variety and spunk...yep!

Thanks for you faithfulness in popping in...

I can't spell well, need a dictionary by my side all the time. I just write it off as being a canadian or the fact I have my own special language. That lets you get away with lots and lots!

I love your life on the farm and the flapping tablecloth fits the farm like hay in the barn...perfect!

LV said...

That is one thing I do miss about country living. I loved hanging out the wash on a cloths line. Always smelled so nice and fresh.

Diann said...

I love your new linen and I really love, love, love seeing vintage linens hanging outside!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love you vintage table cloth !

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I LOVE it...It is as though I can just hear it Flapping and Snapping in the wind...I Want an old fashioned clothes line...I would be out there everyday hanging out the laundry...Even clean clothes if I had to...Just so that there was something always on the clothes line.... : ) LOOKING forward to DOTTIE Day... :)

VintageBettys said...

What a pretty tablecloth. Vintage wear shows that they were well-loved and that makes them special.

Have a great day,
Laura and Michele

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I am jealous of your clothesline! Your new tablecloth sure is pretty. So glad you got it! It's the flappiest! Twyla

GardenofDaisies said...

What a lovely tablecloth!! I love things flapping on the line!!