Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, August 1, 2011

Yippee For Strawberries And Dots!

Hello girls! Looky here! Over the Winter, my local antique store lady gave me a call and said she had something at the store that I might like since she knew I liked strawberry items. When I arrived, the little sugar bowl was waiting for me. Strawberries AND dots! Yippee!! I was pretty pleased with just that- especially sine I had a special phone call about it but then...a couple weeks weeks ago, I went by my local thrift store and they had 2 matching bowls! You know how it is when you see that very special thing that you can hardly believe you're seeing? It's like slow motion walking to that shelf. Ha-ha! I was pretty tickled! The group of three look so cute on my vintage kitchen counter. I keep coffee filters in one and napkins in the other with the sugar bowl in front.

I've been swimming and sunning and celebrating Summer big time now that it's finally nice out! I know most of you have been too hot but this poor northern mountain girl was too cold for too long!!!

I'm linking this post up to REDNESDAY over at sweet Sues! Go check out the party!

16 comments:

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, boy, did you luck out! The dots make them look so much better!

{oc cottage} said...

How cute are those!!!! ;}

m ^..^

My Vintage Mending said...

Great minds think alike Miss Holly. You are more than welcome to all the heat. Sending it your way...smiles...Renee

Shelley said...

Very cute finds Holly...enjoy your summer...I am hoping by September it will start to cool down here a bit.....so we can enjoy some outdoor time...blessings

LV said...

That is once in a wild chance you finding matching things like that. I like them.

Sherry from Alabama said...

Lucky you! You've sure got a friend in the right place! I've enjoyed stopping by to catch up with you. I'm glad you're enjoying your summer!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

~~Carol~~ said...

I would rather it just be hot over by YOU when you want to go swimming, Holly!
I love it when I find missing pieces to a set that I have. It's almost like an out of body experience! These are really cute, especially with the dots!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

birdie blue said...

love your strawberry finds, my friend. polka dots and strawberries? double bonus.

well done.
xo
~molly

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow! Very nice set!!

Queenie said...

It was your lucky day girlfriend...these are perfect for your kitchen! Love the chenile bedspread and views on the farm too...I hope your weather keeps warm so you can keep enjoying that pool :)
Big hugs,
Queenie
P.S. glad you are still blogging girl...I had not realized that you still had the slow internet...that is hard to have and visit blogs...the pages take forever to load...but I'm glad you are hanging in there...blog when you can...that's what I do.

Abramyan Avenue said...

That is such an adorable set!! Unbelieveable you were able to find those other two pieces. I had that happen once to me. I had been wanting to collect a Russian porcelain called gzhel. It's pretty expensive so I don't have a lot. Then at a local craft mall I found the real deal, stamped and all, $1.99 for a set of three. Someone definitely didn't know what they were selling!!
Anyway, love your set...too, too cute!!
Hope you're having a great week!
-April

retrorevival.biz said...

Lucky you! These are super cute:)

~Cindy

Shelia said...

Oh, these are so cute! Love em and thank you thank you thank you for coming to my party! It'll be fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Ladyluck5210 said...

Love them! If I saw them, I probably couldn't resist!

Diane Mars said...

What a great find, and the chances of finding a matching set... you have a little angel on your shoulder girlfriend! I always enjoy stopping by your Blog you have such wonderful eye candy! oxox, Diane

Jacqueline said...

Score and more! It's smart to be friends with your antique lady for sure! Cute!