Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Double Dot Garland For Dotty Hop Day

Happy Dotty Hop Day, girls! See the little double dot garland that I made? I cut baby circles out of dotty papers BY HAND and glued them to a string. Circles are polka dots- right? So it's a double dot garland! The dots wanted to spin and twirl so I had to sticky tack them to the top of the frame. I'm telling you, I'm just daffy for dots lately! Or maybe it's dorky for dots? ☺ Or maybe I'm just a dot darlin'? Crafting makes me feel so happy and dots do too so crafting with dots is double the fun! Feel free to grab my dotty day button and publish your own dotty post! You can also link up if you want so we can all HOP around and see each others dots.

Do you recognize the pic below from the top of my blog? I have hung many a thing inside this big aqua frame of mine but this is how it looks today. One of my prized Meyercord decals gets center stage. No sunlight reaches this wall of my craft room so it's hard to get the colors true.


The winner of the pink dotty towel last week was Brenda from the Farmers Dotter! Go visit Brenda and see her wonderful quilts and her bed and breakfast!


I don't have a give away for you this week but I am working on a big 50th birthday give away for you-coming soon!!


13 comments:

Cindy said...

I am not linking up this week...but if you hop over to my blog you will see the new dishes I got for my birthday....full of dots.

Love your new "everything".

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

My Vintage Mending said...

I love what you did with that sweet decal and the dots are just so sweet. I did run across some dot fabric but it is all new. I will keep looking. I love the garland that you made for E. Wait for my post it's coming...slowly but surely...love this. Smiles...Renee

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Holly,
Thank you for the comment about Mack. I sure love my fur-kids...
I see you are having lots of fun creating garland and such. The "Pete" planter is so sweet.
Deb

DondaLee's said...

I just joined the hop and added it to my blog! Yay! I LOVE your little dot garland! That's too cute!

retrorevival.biz said...

I'm batty for polka dots too! I'd say about 90% of my aprons have dots in them ~ can't get enough!

With a smile,
~Cindy

Julie Harward said...

So cute and it looks darling as a header! :D

donna said...

I love your dots. Your decal is so sweet. You did a great job of framing it. Seems like we had similar decals on our baby bed. Cute, cute.
Hugs
donna

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Holly,
Oh I just love your dotty garland of dots inside dots. The perfect accent for the frame.
I seem to love dots too and use them a lot in my paintings as swiss dots on the backgrounds. They always seem to finish a creation just right.

Love your new blog and catching up with you. Congrats on you weight loss too. You look fantastic!! Loved your new top. Hitting the big 50 soon. You only look about 20!! Pretty girly!!
Thank you for stopping by for tea. Always so great to see you.
Have a great Wednesday.
XO Celestina Marie

Carly said...

Your blog is super cute! I'm a new follower!
Carly

Betsy said...

I just joined up as a follower after talking with Julie at Ric Rac and Polka Dots tonight! She told me about your blog--so cute! I also love polka dots and am looking forward to following your blog.

Betsy
The Little Red Hen at Home

~~Carol~~ said...

What's more perfect for Cutie Pie Cottage than dots?! Your garland is adorable, especially the wee little one on your blue frame!
Tuesdays and Wednesdays have been crazy lately, but I plan to join your dotty world next week!
Have a great week,
Carol

Diane Mars said...

Holly, thank you for the B-day wishes, I did have a great week, a little busy but lot's of fun! This weekend is going to be a busy one... I have lots to do, but I sure wish it was all just time in the Studio no such luck, so do a little extra creating for me oxox, Diane

patchworkandlace said...

Your blog is adorable i love it all xx