Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dotty Day Garland Winner Announced

Hip hip hurray for Dotty Hop Day! Got dots? Link up at the end of this post to show them off. You can also copy this Dotty Hop Day kitty button if you would like. A link back to Cutie Pie Cottage is always appreciated! Let's spread the word! Here's what I'm showing for Dotty Hop day this week! Brand new dotty fabric and buttons for more button ball garlands! Buttons are dots- right?

And speaking of garlands, I had 37 entries for my give away last week! Woo-hoo! One lucky winner was chosen by the redneck random generator (My 13 year old!) ☺ And the winner is: Renee of My Vintage Mending! Congrats Renee!

Renee will also receive this candy colored wash cloth made by my sweet bloggy friend Twyla of Two Crazy Crafters. Twyla crochets all sorts of wonderful things that she offers in her SHOP! that she shares with her daughter Lindsey. Thank you so much for your contribution, dear Twyla!



I was making some other things to go along with the give away but THEY didn't turn out! Yes, there are many craft failures here at Cutie Pie Cottage but to make up for that, I will also give Renee a second button ball garland with the original multi color theme OR a custom colored garland of her choosing.


I'm having fun making these garlands! Right now I'm working on a custom order for someone and a Fall colored garland for my own living room. *IF* I don't end up selling that one, too! I think I'm going to have to buy stock in Styrofoam balls and buttons! Tee-hee!

Are we liking Dotty Day? Should we keep it up? You can link up to show your dots all week if you want to! We had several girls link up their dots all last week so check them out! Thank you to everyone who plays along!


PS I had a very nice 50th birthday! Thanks to everyone who helped me to celebrate! ((HUGS))

11 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

No way....I am thrilled...I cannot wait to hand that sweet little garland. I have just the spot. You should see the little bag of polka dot scraps I am gathering for you. Ha! Love Love Love that I get a piece of Holly here at my home along with Twyla. Thank you so very much....smiles...Renee

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Hi Holly,
I think Dotty Day is fun. I think you should keep it. Thank you for the nice comment you made on my post. I think there are so many of us that suffered at the hands of bullies, and as adults we are probably more sensitive and kind because of it. I know what you mean about justice, I am really often upset just because "something is just not right or fair" and I also think that is from my childhood.
Your poor kitty . . . . :(
Hugs,
Julie

Jann Olson said...

Congrats to Renee! She is one lucky girl. The garland is too cute. Glad you had a good b-day. Yes, I say let's keep Dotty Day going. Hey, if anything it'll make me keep my eyes out for dots. lol! Have a great dotty day!

~~Carol~~ said...

Congrats to Renee! I know that garland is going to look so sweet in her craft room! I'm linking up to your Dotty Hop today. Yay!!!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Congratulations Renee!!!! You lucky girl :) Holly, your new fabrics for new garlands are so perfect!! I cant wait to see them. You are so talented sweetie and I am so happy to see you so happy. Wish we could craft together :)
Love ya sweetie,
Amy

VintageBettys said...

Holly, We will be linking up soon, I think we understand how it works now. We really love your garlands they are so sweet! Renee is one lucky girl to have won such lovely things. We love that you started a dotty hop...keep it goin :)

Laura and Michele

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations to Renee! Your garlands are so cute, Holly. I am glad you are enjoying making them. Also glad you had a nice birthday! Twyla

donna said...

Congrats Renee! Holly your garlands are so cute. I just love the balls and buttons together.
Hugs
donna

donna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Holly.
Hugs
donna

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I adore polkies! I've been a lax follower and didn't realize you started having such a fun party! I will do my best to come by and party with the other polkies! (I write this as I sit here in my green and white polka dot pajamas. )

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Hi, I liked visiting people's dots when I found your blog through another blog ...

I like your blog too! I am going to have to ask a really dumb question but here goes: Where do you get those tags that people decorate? Does Hobby Lobby or somewhere like that sell them? I've just fallen in love with them and want to get in on the fun!

Thanks,

Mary @ Redo 101
http://Redo101.blogspot.com