Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Happy Little Kitchen

Welcome to my happy little kitchen! I finally found the perfect spot for my vintage Fire King dotty bowl! (AKA a grease pot but isn't dotty bowl a much cuter name?) I knew it would go on my happy shelves but it took me a while to get it juuuust right. I have some other kitchen views for you too... but FIRST, let's have a cookie!! These are my brown sugar- part whole wheat- chocolate chip cookies. Oh, and I use Holly plates all year round because my name *IS* Holly! My boy took this pic of the cookies because he was so happy that I made them! Ha-ha! Poor kid! I haven't done much baking since starting my diet back in May.

Now that you have your cookie, here's a full shot of my happy shelves. Perfect-right? I probably won't always enjoy this Kindergarten style of decorating but after all, this IS my second childhood!

These shelves are actually just a cabinet without its doors. The are right above my sink. See my new vintage daisy trivet down below? I love it and I think this is the perfect spot for it! It was a "happy birthday to me" present from the antique mall. (It is soooo hard to get the lighting right in my kitchen! If I turn off that light above the sink, the colors don't come out right. Wish I could get things clearer but this is the best I've been able to do in a long shot. Maybe some day, I will learn how to use my camera?)
It's still Fall in my happy little kitchen and these little guys want you to know it! Banner from Carol at Old Glory Cottage. Paper apron from Cindy at Rick Rack and Gingham. Thanks again, girls!


Hurray for red spray paint! I painted up this little thrift store shelf over my *11 day home alone vacation*. I don't have a before pic. You can just imagine its formally plain, ugly wood. The adorable little crayon apron above it is from Jackie at Once Upon A Fairy Tale! Thanks again, Jackie! I think my grand girls want this but I know I appreciate it more. It's MINE, MINE, MINE!! (I always wanted little sisters to fight with! Hee-hee!)

Here's a close up of the shelf. Yes, everything is rearranged again- AND again and again and again. Ha-ha! See my new Avon strawberry decanter? 25 cents at the thrift store! Yay!

Believe me, I also had plenty of rest on my vacation while watching DVDs and old VHS'. I crafted, decorated and shopped. I also went way off my diet and ate lots of chocolate but only gained a few ounces! I guess it was all those projects and not cooking much while the guys were gone??? That works for me!


Well I think this post has enough RED in it for a Rednesday post don't you? I'm linking up with the fabulous Sue over at It's A Very Cherry World!


Thanks for coming over to visit. I LOVE when you leave me a comment. ♥

32 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

WOW! What a cheery place to be. You must wake up every morning and smile.

Shelley said...

It is a Happy Kitchen indeed...I love everything about it....blessings

Sandie said...

Of course I love it all! Everything looks so happy. I remember the strawberry decanter from Avon. If I am not mistaken, didn't bath bubbles that smelled like strawberries come in it? Happy Monday!

Shirley Hatfield said...

You have the happiest shelves around! I looked all over for that polkadot shelf edging. My Michaels didn't have it. I need it for my yellow Zetta cupboard in my basement kitchen. If you know of any other sources...pretty please, please tell me! =D

Debbi said...

so sweet Holly! I would not call that "kindergarten decorating"....is is very retro and I have to say it so captures your personality! Just love it. Cookies look good too. Hve you posted the recipe?

Kim K. said...

What a delightful kitchen. I adore all the red touches. It's such a cheery room. I'd love to join you for a yummy cookie too.

Ruby Jean said...

Such a HAPPY little place... : ) Love all the DOTS!! and it looks as though you and I have the same Happy Apple!! I have had mine since I was toddling around...It has gone everywhere with me and now occasionally graces my photos... : ) Thank you for sharing your ADORABLE space with us..

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I LOVE everything Holly!!!!!
love,
Amy

Lynn said...

I love your happy shelves and the cute red shelf!! I think the Avon strawberry decater is adoreable.
Have a great week!
Hugs,

My Vintage Mending said...

Holly I just saw that grease pot at the antique mall for the low low price of $55. Ha! But it is just darling on the shelf with its friends....wonderful kitchen. Mailed off you irmi today...smiles...Renee

Julie Harward said...

You have the cutest shelves full of the cutest things ever! ;D

Nan said...

Holly this is really coming together so nicely. I love what you have done it's just so bright and sunny looking. I too love dot bowls and years back bought some on Ebay. I have a whole graduated set of red dot bowls in perfect condition and one large black dot bowl and a complete tulip bowl set as well. You would like the tulip ones check they out.

LBP said...

So bright and cheerful!

Blessings

Linda

Carly said...

Super cute!
Carly

Mary said...

Love your happy shelves...they really do make you happy!!

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Holly,
I love your happy shelves and all the great treasures that live there. One would have many happy times in a cheerful kitchen as yours.
Love your red shelf too and the vintage Avon decanter.
Your dot shelf edge is perfect.

Love your window in the last post too. Just perfectly happy my friend and the cookies look so yummy. I always enjoy my visit and viewing your retro style.

XO Celestina Marie

Janet said...

Everything looks so cheerful! Of course, I love all of your touches of red! Looks like you found some great finds, too!
Blessings,
Janet

~~Carol~~ said...

Honestly Holly, if I lived next door to you, I'd be barging my way into your kitchen ALL the time! I think it's one of the cutest I've ever seen, and if there's a plate of cookies sitting around, you'd never get rid of me!

Lisa said...

Your dotty bowl makes me swoon ;)
Hugs, Lisa

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Holly,
What a cute kitchen you have! You're right, it's a happy kitchen, and I love the polka dots!
This is my first visit here and I'm happy to meet you. Have a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mecky said...

I love your dotty bowl! I have the large bowl that was a friends mom's. I enjoy it.
Your shelf is adorable and I love your Aunt Bea canisters!

They just don't make cute kitchen things like that anymore.

Happy Rednesday!

LV said...

You are using your reds in just the right way. Very nice.

Queenie said...

Everything looks so happy and cheerful Holly...I love the red and white in your kitchen...(I wish I had white kitchen cabinets...the next kitchen I get I'm making sure to get them...I think they look so fresh), Your daisy trivet looks precious over your sink...Happy Belated B'day...and I'm loving the red shelves that you painted too...it sounds like you had a big time on your vacation. Thanks for the cookies..they look delish....these are the best kind...no calories here in cyberspace lol :)
Have a great week!
Big hugs,
Queenie

AshTreeCottage said...

I love that FireKing dotty bowl and everything else on your shelf. So cheerful!! I am your newest follower.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

I just love your kitchen decorating! Its FUN and HAPPY!
I had a set of the dotty red mixing bowls and so regret selling them a couple years ago - sniff sniff.
My kitchen is retro also and I collect jadite and it goes so well with red accents!
Those cookies are so tempting but I recently started the Atkins diet AGAIN so am not allowed to even LOOK at them HA! Oh drool . . .
I"m your newest follower and will be back again soon!!
Happy Red Huggies,
Lynn

Jill said...

I remember buying the Fisher Price apple for my daughter - wish I had kept it!! Love the Fire King bowl too!!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Thanks for the cookie ! I love your happy kitchen !

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your kitchen looks so cute...what sweet little treasures you have!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

It's all that red that makes your kitchen--and me--so happy!


WHERE RED ABIDES

A day filled with scarlet, they say,
Can make the sad heart skip and play;
For where red abides,
A little bird hides
And sings every worry away.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Plump, Ripe Persimmon

{oc cottage} said...

You can never have enough RED...can you?! ;}

m ^..^

Debbie Kay said...

I love your kitchen shelves....if that's kindergarten decorating than I will meet you on the playground for some hopscotch! I think its sweet and so very YOU.

I am a new visitor to your blog and I love it.

Smiles,

Debbie

SueLovesCherries said...

There's no such thing as too much red! (I think!) Your shelves look great! Rearranging is so much fun, isn't it! I used to have one of those Avon decanters years ago.