Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, November 4, 2011

Romantic/Rustic Window Treat

Hello girls! I have another window treat to show you! In an attempt to not overwhelm the guys, I tried mixing things up a bit! Will some twine and Currier and Ives do the trick? This is my HUGE living room window. We have no near neighbors and we like the view of our firs and old 1904 barn, so we left it bare. The look was a bit stark though so on MY 11 DAY ALL ALONE VACATION, I finally treated it!

I strung up some twine and put a vintage dresser scarf in the middle and then vintage hankies on either side. I finished it off by tying a cup on each end with more twine in a sloppy bow. I like it! It softens the room up just enough. This is my predominately blue room so I looked for linens with blue in them.


Below this window sits the guys computer and table and it's the biggest, ugliest computer table you've ever seen and I absolutely HATE IT! When my man came home from his trip, one of the first things he said when he came in the house was that I could get rid of it! I had not said ANYTHING about it! Do you think maybe my window worked magic on him?


I also did some re-do painting while I was alone and some kitchen decorating so I'll show you that in the days to come, too!

Thanks for coming by and if you left a comment, I give you a double thank you!

I hope you all have a *most excellent* week end!

11 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Holly Sweetie...
I am so thrilled to have finally found you again. I wasn't looking for Cutie Pie Cottage, see what happens when your computer goes caput and you are out of the loop for awhile? I am thrilled to see you again.

Love your window treatment. How sweet does that look. I love the hankies and doily on twine and how precious to have a cup of tea on each end as well. So pretty Holly and so divine.

Thank you for sharing. I hope to see you soon. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Shirley Hatfield said...

I can never get enough of vintage hankies...that is surely one of the cutest uses for them I have seen. I really enjoy your blog. I don't comment often, but I enjoy the visit. =D

Kim K. said...

I have a vintage hankie garland hanging about my window in my craft room. Isn't it fun?? Can't wait to see more of your redecorating!

~~Carol~~ said...

I love your window treat Holly, and that window deserves it! I've always wanted to make some hankie curtains for my kitchen, but most of my hankies were my Grandma's and I'd hate to have them fade in the sun.
I can just picture a big farm table under that window, for your new computer table!

Denise said...

Oh yes,I think that's what happened.He saw how beautiful the window was and knew what had to be done.They are so sweet and smart-Aren't they?

Protector of Vintage said...

The window looks charming!!

Queenie said...

This is so pretty Holly...I love all of the different hankies that you used and the teacups too..I enlarged the photos and I love that view out of the window...I don't blame you for not wanting to cover it up with a curtain...that hankie valance is just perfect :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh I love the twine...Never thought to put a doily over it. Wonderful! Smiles....Renee

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

WOW...11 days "all to you" sounds awesome! It's nice to get so many projects finished. Hankies are one of my favorite things to collect.
Thanks for the visit!
Deb :)

vivian said...

HI HOlly! Love your cute window treatment. old hankies come in handy for lots of things. they are cute folded over the side of a basket too.
lucky you! 11 days home alone? I cant imagine. It would be most fun if I didnt have to work during those 11 days too! Oh the fun I could have!
have a great weekend
xoxo
vivian

Pam S. said...

What a clever idea! Love how sweet it looks and the twine, well, devine!