Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vintage Dotty Rose Napkin Banner

Hello happy dotty fans!! As we continue rushing into the holidays, I'll be taking a break from Dotty Day and come back with a bang in January! I've had a lot of trouble with the linkys so no links today but hopefully that will be resolved by the time I come back.I just finished up a 11 day home alone vacation and girls, did I have fun! I could do whatever I wanted to do! Woo-hoo! Stringing up this dots and roses banner along my dinning room window was one of the many projects that I did!


(I spy a cupcake ornament from Celestina and a paper art banner from Elizabeth, too!)
This was an easy project. I just had to do it! I just ironed the vintage napkins, flipped them over some twine, knotted the ends with an ornament hook and hung it from the top of my curtain.




I've made similar banners before with ribbons and flowers in between each "pennant" but this farm house of mine has been wanting things a bit simpler so I'm granting its wish!



I'll be showing you more projects that I did on my vacation in the days to come!




I'm sorry I don't have a linky list for you today but if *you* put up a dotty post, I'd love to know!


I'm also linking up to Rednesday since I have red roses here!

11 comments:

Kim K. said...

Darling banner. Can't wait to see more of your projects. I can't believe you had that much time alone to create. Woo hoo!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Dotty Day, Holly! I'm sorry I don't have a dotty post today, but I am planning one soon! I hope you have been well. I have missed you so lately. I will write soon! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Shelley said...

Now,that is too cute...great idea....blessings

Queenie said...

That's precious Holly...looks perfect over your window :)
I'm glad to know that you had a fun vacation there crafting and just having fun...can't wait to see what all you were up to making...I'll be in touch with you again soon! Have a great day!
Big hugs,
Queenie

retrorevival.biz said...

Nice job on the banner! I love vintage hankies!

~Cindy

~~Carol~~ said...

Well how cute is that?! You've got a real eye for finding the dotty stuff. I don't know what it is, but I must live in a dot-less part of the country. I never find anything dotty! It sounds like you crafted up a storm while you were home alone. Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Janet said...

I really like your banner! What a great idea using vintage napkins! It looks adorable!
Blessings,
Janet

Cheryl said...

What a great simple banner! Adorable

Betsy said...

Holly,

What a cute idea! My daughter collects vintage handkerchiefs and that would be such a cute way to use them. We could change up the look any time too. I'm so envious of your time alone!

patchworkandlace said...

Lovely banner and colours,its often the simplest things to make are the prettiest x

SueLovesCherries said...

That's perfect and simple - my kind of project! It's perfectly simple (tee,hee!)!