Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Very Merry Vintage Hutch!

Merry Christmas, girls! I've been waiting for some sun-shine to take clear pics but alas- no sun! So here, in all its faded glory is my cutified- merry Christmas to me hutch! The cutters and can opener were recent purchases that were sold to me ON this very hutch days before I bought the hutch! Fun, huh? How do you like my bin full of vintage bulbs? ☺ (Pssst- not really full!) Here's the whole top! Decorated over bunches of times as I play every day.

Don't pay attention to the bottom. Ha-ha! It's not done yet! I have a great plan for the bottom so stay tuned. Does my decorating seem sparse to you? I'm really not a minimalist, I just don't have much but now I have an ecxuse to hunt harder!

My red Fire King dotty bowl was also sold to me on this hutch! The hutch had been like a booth. It was filled with the owner's stuff! Now that the hutch is gone, she's supposed to move in another one and I'm told it's yellow! I can't wait to go see it!

I'm finally able to display my little red quilt scraps that Twyla of Two Crazy Crafters gave me! I just love them! Do you like my vintage block words? I love them, too! See my little snowman candle from Jackie at Once Upon A Fairytale? Yup, he gets the love as well! All my goodies are so happy in my hutch. That cherry canister was a score for a $1.50 because it had a dented top!

I thought I would display some of my vintage snow man cards in here. Good idea? My awesome red handled egg beater from Carol at Old Glory Cottage gets center stage!

Happy Apple had to leave my shelves above my sink but he's still happy! I definitely want more tins to display on my hutch but I didn't want to take the ones I have off of my happy shelves because those are what I see when I first walk in the kitchen. (I think I need another happy apple too!)

My mini fridgy, also from Carol, gets a playful Santa on top!

Here's a close up of my awesome new table cloth that I bought a couple months ago! I'm so happy to have a wonderful antique store here in my tiny town and a friendly owner who sells to me! Well, that's it! I hope you enjoyed the hutch tour!

I'm linking up with Sue over at It's A Very Cherry World for Rednesday! I bet there's LOTS of reds today! Go check it out!


Have a great week, everyone!


Remember- no one can "do it all" except God and YOU are NOT Him!

31 comments:

Julie Harward said...

All of this is so cute, how fun to play with it1 I have a egg beater like this and I use it too. :D

farmersdotter said...

Love your hutch and all the goodies in it!
especially that dotty bowl! I have on similiar, but with no lid...it sure is fun to serve things in!

Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter

Betsy said...

So cute! I loved looking at all your displays. I had to take my glasses off to get a better look at all the details (sad, I know!). The hutch will be such a great way to display whatever catches your fancy at the time.

Betsy said...

I just noticed the saying at the bottom of the post--I love that. I have one hanging up that says "Don't feel totally, personally, irrevocably responsible for everything. That's my job. Signed, God. Good to remember!

Mom Walds Place said...

Do you find yourself tweaking it whenever you pass by? It would be hard to resist touching your goodies! ...Wait, that doesn't sound right. Oh, you know what I mean!

Linda Ruthie said...

So cute! That was a wonderful tour. I think vintage greeting cards are perfect decorations anywhere in the house. Love the snowman candle as it reminds me of a few wax figures that used to hang on our family tree. I think they spent one too many hot summers in the attic and finally were thrown out. :-( Make sure your snowman stays cool.

My Vintage Mending said...

I want to come and riffle through each and every cupboard. It all looks so fantastic. Enjoy it...smiles...Renee

Debbie Kay said...

Your hutch is just too much!! I mean that in a good way, I LOVE IT! You have the most adorable stuff my friend!

Smiles,

Debbie

Nan said...

Holly this is looking wonderful. I have that exact tablecloth and I treasurer it. It's coming along quite well I'd say. Nan

Kim K. said...

Aren't you having fun with that hutch!! It's just delightful. I've had a wonderful time scrolling up and down looking at all your special goodies.

Queenie said...

Your hutch looks so adorable Holly...I love it and am so happy you have it...I think it was meant to be there with you in your farmhouse kitchen :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

Shelia said...

Oh, your little cupboard is darling all dressed up for Christmas. I almost cried when I saw your happy apple! My 41 year old son had one when he was a little boy! Oh, the memories.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sandy said...

Holly,
I LOVE this decorated!!!! You did a GREAT job! I can't wait to see the bottom done too! Get busy girl!!! LOL LOL Sandy

Sandie said...

Oh what fun you are having! And your hutch is VERY MERRY! I love the drawer full of bulbs. And I also have a runner made out of that tablecloth. Merry Christmas, Sandie

A tale from toadstool house said...

Hi Holly, love all of your pictures,that hutch is adorable,lovely decorating.happy holidays,love juliexxx

Lynn said...

It looks really great!! I wanted to let you know I got my dotty garland yesterday!! My neighbor came down to see what I had gotten in the mail. She is loving all the packages I have been receiving!! She was so tickled with the garland and said, you girls come up with the cutest things. I have it hanging in a metal bucket thingie on my inspiration board right now!! Thank you for the other goodies you included! You are the sweetest!!
Hugs,
Lynn

Pam S. said...

It's so cute, I just couldn't stop smiling while scrolling and reading! Especially love your Fire King dotty bowl & your cherry tablecloth...which is a highly desired Wilendur! Lucky You!

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

I know I saw this post earlier and I thought I left a comment. I came to make sure... and sure enough, my comment isn't here. Kids nappin'? I'm losin' my mind!
Anyhow! That hutch is adorable! I love all of the festive pieces!

Shirley Hatfield said...

Your happiness is so contagious! If I paid more attention to the quote at the bottom...maybe I wouldn't have those Nightmares Before Christmas! =D

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh my miss cutie -- your displays are picture perfect and that egg beater is to die for -- love love love it!!!!!! i love your posts!!! sending you tons of hugs and let's see a pic of the little doggie grandchild soon!!!! i am sure i will want to reach in and give him a BIG HUG!!!! hugs to you and yours and thank you for being you...

Protector of Vintage said...

Your hutch and treasures are so lovely!!

JenGrosz said...

Wow! That is the cutest hutch I think I've ever seen and you've decorated it so perfectly! Love all the vintage goodies, especially the egg beaters. I hope you enjoy many happy hours of decorating your adorable hutch. :)

Ann said...

Your hutch is fantastic, I really like the way you incorporated the vintage cards a d blocks in.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You have enough red things in that hutch to keep me happy for a long, long time!

SOMETHING RED

Something cherry, something blue,
Something scarlet just for you;
Something blazing as the sun,
Something red when day is done.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Desert reds here and here

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, your hutch is happy! I can tell you had so much fun decorating it. It looks perfect! Your things were made for it. Have a great day! Twyla

Vintage Gal said...

I just hopped over from Ash Tree Cottage. Your hoosier hutch is absolutely adorable and your decorations are such fun ~ Love them ~ I am following along with you ;-)

Jacqueline said...

Holly...this is Molly. I'm not sure if I told you but it's really a jolly time for Holly and Molly.

I have a matching snowman, kept one for Holly and one for Molly...

This is all so jolly, what's next? Perhaps play dolly, oh golly that would be fun. I can see it in lights...a movie for sure!

THE JOLLY DOLLY WHO LOVED HOLLY AND MOLLY by GOLLY!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Cutie Pie Holly,
I just love your wonderful hutch filled with special treasures. It looks terrific. You sure did a fabulous job of decorating with a Christmas touch. It must be so special to view each day. You are going to have so much fun as the seasons change.

Christmas Love, Celestina Marie

~~Carol~~ said...

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I have a crush on your hutch too! I've always wanted one of these but never had the space for it. I bet you're going to have so much fun playing with it, rearranging and buying new things for it. You've got it decorated SO pretty for the holidays!
Merry Christmas!
Carol

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Your hutch looks so sweet for Christmas!
Warmest Christmas blessings,
deb

GardenofDaisies said...

Love the hutch and all the cute little items displayed! I see your polkadots! I do love that tiny little snowman candle. And the utensils with the green handles.