Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, December 3, 2011

She Shops- She Scores!

I picked up this snow man pic at my local thrift for 2 bucks! It's a little wooden window frame and the snow men are attached metal pieces. Super cute! I hung it here with some lace- on top of a lace panel on my dinning room wall. I like to mix things up!

Here's a Close up of my tea cups hung with seam binding.

And here's another glimpse of my hutch with my favoritest card image from Twyla and Lindsey of Two Crazy Crafters. I just think those colors and the girls are adorable! Both the bell ornaments you see came from the thrifts and the antique mall. The one from the thrifts was 10 cents! Score! See my new blue bird plate? I ♥ it! No need to put all the regular decor away. Just mix it up!

For the first time ever, I have a little kitchen tree! I hung my smallest ornaments from it. I know my grands will like it. It's just a cheap little plastic tree that I got for a buck but I think all Christmas trees should be loved. ☺

My local antique store is having an open house today so I'm off to that here in a bit and then I'll spend the rest of the day resting because I feel a naughty cold coming on and there's none of that allowed around here!


Hope you all have a great week end!

13 comments:

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Holly, your home is looking so cheerful and festive! The snowman windpw is sooo adorable! And your kitchen Christmas tree makes me feel all warm and happy inside. I would so love to visit your beautiful farmhouse!
I hope you find some great things at your thrift store's open house!
I too feel like I am coming down with something :( And I have to go get groceries when Dave gets home from work, my boys are coming tomorrow and I want to cook for them!! Early to bed tonight for me! Hope you feel better soon.
Love ya,
Amy

Julie Harward said...

I love this but then I am such a sucker for snowmen! Love what you did with the tea cups too..so cute! Come say hi :D

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE on the snowman!!!! WOW!!!!! everything looks fabulous my friend! so happy for your win at the thrift shop!!!! hugs...!!!!!

Diane Mars said...

Your home is really coming together for the Holidays.. I must work on some decorating today, because Sunday I will have to work an Open House... Have a great Saturday! HUgs, Diane

Kim K. said...

Your snowman is adorable. What a steal. Brilliant display with the teacups.

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh Holly your finding some great things at the thrift...congrats. Nurse that cold. Mine was a doozy...love that kitchen tree...smiles...Renee

Sweetina said...

your kitchen tree is so cute Holly! Do you know those Blue Bird plates are very collectable! the one you scored is so sweet! love your Christmas Cutie Pie Decor!
Tina

donna said...

Love your finds Holly. Looks like it starting to look a lot like Christmas.
Hugs
donna

donna said...

Love your finds Holly. Looks like it starting to look a lot like Christmas.
Hugs
donna

Jacqueline said...

You are decking the halls and the walls and everything in a dash! I love it all. I had a little christmas tree once in my kitchen and I decorated it with gingerbread people and cookies cutters and bows. For the past few years living in this home, the gnomes have taken over as you know.
Come when you have a minute and read about my tin rooftop experience from the days of Once Upon a Fairyland. You'll smile, I just know you will.

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Omigoodness, the snowman is too cute!

LBP said...

Love your Christmas decorations! I scored several adorable vintage Christmas pieces this weekend! I hope to get some pics posted on my blog sometime today!

Do NOT let that cold catch you!

Blessings
Linda

Sherry from Alabama said...

I love all your beautiful thrifty decor! Everything looks so festive and happy!

I have a question for you. I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog and wondered if you could give me advice? I know you changed your blog name a while back and wondered if there have been any problems with it or are you glad you changed it? I think my blog title might make people avoid it until February. :)

Thanks for any help you can give, Holly!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

ahappyvalentine (at) hotmail (dot) com