Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vintage Light Bulbs And Their Friends

I've been playing up a storm with these vintage light bulbs! They make the most delightful clacking noise when you play with them. I've been placing them in bowls, jars, baskets and sleighs! I have big plans for these babies!And here's the light bulbs' friends. ☺ This is my living room window is all ready for the grands to come over tonight! See their stockings? Maybe they will match better next year.

I have this window decorated especially with them in mind.

I have a snowman, gingerbread, Santa theme going on here. The Christmas lady in the middle was painted by my artistic and beautiful Mom RIP.

These all thrift store goodies and gifts from Christmas past. Nothing fancy in this window- just fun! My husband Bobby picked up the plate at the Goodwill for me this year and he was so happy that I liked it. ☺

Tomorrow is my Bobby's birthday and he will be 59! Have I ever mentioned that he's the most wonderful man in the world? He's totally clueless a lot of the time but he adores me and lavishes me with praise. ☺ We're celebrating his B day today with a family dinner-. I'm making his favorite- chicken and sausage gumbo!

I'm so excited for the grands to see the house all decorated! I even have a tree up in their toy room! AKA JUNK room. Ha-ha! No showing you THAT room!

I hope everyone enjoys their day and enjoys looking at every one's blogs! Remember- you WON'T get it all done and that's okay!

14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

How fun to be decorating with such cute things...and we do it for the kids and then for the grands and that is so fun! ;D

Diane Mars said...

Holly, that looks just perfect for your Grand-peeps how old are they? I too have to finish up my little village for the grands, I usually let them touch and pick-up the miniatures, they adore that. And it's making Memories. ox Have fun tonight

Marydon said...

So darling a window display for children of all ages ... from 1 to 91 ... enjoy!

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

PS Don't forget our GIVEAWAY

Nan said...

Well it looks really cute Holly and congrats to your Bobby on his birthday. I have two Bobby's myself here, one grew up and moved away and the other one aged but that's a good thing.

heartfelt living said...

Hi Holly,
I love your window display, it's just a adorable! I know the kids will love it. Also wanted to mention your coat (on your former post) is so stylish. My daughter has a coat like that, think I need one too! hehe
xx
Karen

Shelia said...

I love seeing your sweet little things!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

~~Carol~~ said...

I like that clacky noise that the bulbs make too! I have some old ones that I want to make a wreath with, but I don't have enough yet. Loving your decorations for your grands. Very little decorating going on here because of a certain neurotic kitten!

vivian said...

your decorations are all so cute. I'm so thankful for blogging and the little glimpses we get into each others lifes. I love seeing everyones decorations!
happy wednesday
vivian

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday to Bobby! You are very lucky to have him. I see you are a little older than he is. I am 10 days older than my husband and he never lets me forget it! Your decorations are so cute and I know your grands are going to love coming to your house. I love looking beyond your decorations out your windows to see your beautiful surroundings. Have yourself a wonderful day and thanks for the reminder about not getting it all done! Twyla

Jann Olson said...

Hi Holly, I have been having fun playing with my old Christmas lights also. Ended up putting them in a jar. Heard that clicking nose as they tumbled in. Have fun with your grands they will love the window display. Happy B-day to that young 59 year old. Young because I will be 59 in June. And I'm certainly not old! lol! Hey Holly, I want to have a button made for my blog. I did know the name of the gal that did yours, but lost it. Would you mind letting me know. Thanks a bunch!

Mecky said...

How cute. The Grand's will love it, I am sure!

I need to find a vintage gold bulb for something I bought the other day. One bulb was missing. I will be keeping my eyes open. I haven't thought of that style of bulbs in years.
Happy Birthday to your DH

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Holly it looks so wonderful. Great job. How fun to have your grandkids over. I can't wait to have some. My kids are all old enough to have them...so I'm waiting...patiently....hahaha
Your display is wonderful!
Blessings,
Debbie

retrorevival.biz said...

Sure wish I could find some of these beauties ~ I want to make a wreath out of them!

~Cindy

Queenie said...

Love those vintage light bulbs Holly and your window decor and other holiday decorations are precious too! Happy B'day Bobby :)
Big hugs,
Queenie