Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ready For Dotty Day And A Swap?

Happy New Year, Girls and welcome back to Dotty Hop Day! Have we all come out of our Christmas sugar comas yet? ☺ Are we ready to start back to Dotty Hop Day AND do a dotty swap? See end of post for details! Dotty Hop Day celebrates happy dots of all colors and sizes! If you want to show your dots, I'd love to see them! Today I want to show you my pink and brown cuppy creation that I made a couple of years ago. It was really YUM! ☺



I used an up cycled thrift store frame for this. I made it for myself or a give away but I ended up giving it to Blogger Noelle for a wedding gift. Simple but cute! I haven't made any cupcake pics in a while. I miss them!Dotty Swap Idea:


Well, I think some of you definitely need more dots in your life so what do you think about me hosting a simple 3 item dotty swap?

Are we ready or should we wait a couple weeks?

I would have a sign up and assign partners and then give ourselves a few weeks to get it together and shipped out...

Here are some *examples* to trigger some ideas and to show you what I have in mind for a 3 item dotty swap:


*A dotty candle, dotty note card set and a dotty hankie


*A dotty cup, dotty fabric and a dotty box


*A dotty scarf, dotty scrap book paper, and a dotty bowl


*A dotty banner/garland, dotty ribbon and dotty buttons


* A dotty pot holder, clothes pins, and a dotty pillow case.


Get the idea? Simple but fun, something to brighten our winter and NOT a ton of money.


Feed back is welcome and I hope to have a GOOD linky set up for next week so get those dots ready!

15 comments:

Pixie said...

this sounds like fun. Will you take international swappers?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Welcome back, Dottie Day! You make the cutest cupcakes, Holly. I am very thankful for you and your friendship. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I remember when you made that cuppycake!! I love it :)

I think the idea of a simple, non expensive swap is a wonderful idea Holly! We all need smiles to help get through the long winter and what is better than polky dots??

Love ya,
Amy

My Vintage Mending said...

Sounds completely fun. Give me a week to get the kids back in school and I am ready to go. Love that not so caloric cupcake...smiles...Renee

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Hi Holly,
While your swap sounds like great fun...I'm knee deep into the craft room...I'll pass on this swap..sorry.
Advise: start with renting a "bookcase" at the shop and see how that goes. That's how I started about 18 years ago and now look at me! LOL! Variety of items also is a plus. Glass ware does not sell for me...have fun!
Warmly,
deb

Lynn said...

I would love to join! I love swaps:O)
Happy Dotty DayQ
Hugs,
Lynn

Nan said...

Hi there Holly girl. I can join in this swap with you. I bet I have dotty fabric in my soon to move craft room, along with that I can figure out two more items!!
Nan

Ruby Jean said...

Sounds like a LOT of fun Holly...I LOVE swaps.. :)

Sandy said...

I think this sounds like fun! I am ready when you are! I love to look for things with a specific theme! I wish I had things to share that are dotty....I will have to take a good look at my house! :) Sandy

Mom Walds Place said...

What a fabulous idea! Here I was bemoaning the fact that I only have one dotty item to share, and you have a way to increase our "dottiness" and make new friends. YOU Rock!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Have fun with your sweet dot swap...it is a wonderful idea! I am sure you will have a lot of gals joining in on the fun...Happy New Year!

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

This sounds like great fun!; )
~Michele

Lisa said...

Do it! I'd love to join in!! you can NEVER have too many DOTS!!
Hugs, Lisa

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Holly,

Ohhhh I would love to join in a dottie day swap. Please keep me in mind.

Smiles,

Debbie

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

Hi Dolly Holly :) I still have that darling cupcake pic you made me too :) Id love to join your Dotty Swap if I could? I blog once a week now so you may have to email me details? Hugs!!!