Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sally Gets Her Dotty On!

(Hee-hee! One of my favorite parts of blogging is coming up with blog post titles!)
Welcome to Dotty Hop Day! This is the day when I show off my polka dots and make blog land a happier place because of it! You can link up at the end of this post to show off your dots, too. Just post one or more pics of any kind of dots from your home or even off the Internet. Feel free to grab our Dotty Hop Day kitty button, too. Everyone who links up this week will be entered in a little dotty give away from me! I have 2 Sally pics to share with you today. I learned to read with the Dick and Jane books. I loved little Sally and wished she was my baby sister! Here she is with Tim
I bought a few Dick and Jane pages off of etsy a few years ago and have wanted to frame them but never have! I have so many good intentions...
Feel free to copy these and never do anything with them either- just like me!! Ha-ha!

And in other business:

Last weeks link up give away winner is Pam from Virginia Retro!


Sign up for our dotty SWAP ends tomorrow! Don't miss out!

12 comments:

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I love those books. I have seen some antiquing but they are usually 12 dollars or more, and I just can't spend that on a book. Someday I'll see one at a good price and grab it!
Thanks for all the lovely polka dots!
Hugs,
Julie

Jann Olson said...

Too funny Holly, yes I have so many good intentions that don't always follow through. I grew up reading Dick and Jane also. Love, love them! Thanks for a dotty fun party!
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Forgot to tell you that pickin my title is one of my favorite things to do also. Loved this title! Very, very creative.

Lisa said...

I love Sally's dress!! I need to get it together and join this one. Today I am home from work feeling really crappy, so I think I'll pass on joining but I can visit!
How is the swap going? I am excited!
Hugs, Lisa

Ruby Jean said...

Oh so CUTE!!! I don't have any New Dot's to share today... :( My recent post was on my Little Fisherman... And there are NO dots to be found...LOVED seeing yours...

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your Dick & Jane pages, so cute! I remember them well.

Holly, thank you so much for the giveaway...I'm very excited to win!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Hope you don't mind I linked back to a post from Sept., but it was of the cutest tablecloth with polka dot strawberries! Thanks, Pam

Julie Harward said...

I learned to read with those books too, they were so delightful! So is your blog! :D

Betsy said...

Those old readers are so much fun! I don't have Dick and Jane, but have some that we used when I was in school. P.S. Sorry for being completely clueless about the fact that I created 7 links. I think I have it figured out now, and hope that you might be able to delete all but one! I learn something new every day!

Mom Walds Place said...

I wish we had Dick & Jane Books to learn with. Later generations ended up with dorky instead of charming things.

I just took photos today of flowers, plaids, leaves, dishes, glassware, kitchenware, speckles, Art Deco, but NO dots! It's a good thing you're around, or I would be dotless.

Sarah said...

Thank you for letting me know about my email! I'm still figuring all of these blogging things out! Now people should be able to contact me by email.

I'm excited for the Dotty Swap! Can't wait to find out who my partner is.

Have a great end to your week!
Sarah

Stampin D Amour said...

Your blog is so stinkin' cute! Love it!

OMG! I just posted Puff and Sally on my blog the other day...don't ya just LOVE the illustrations in those vintage reader?! xo

-pamela :)