Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, January 9, 2012

She Shops! She Scores!

She brings it HOOOOOME! ☺
Did you know you can find good deals EVERYWHERE? Just look at this vintage tin from the antique mall for $1.50. Who cares if it doesn't have a lid? How many kitchens did this tin see? This tin is very much at home in my new vintage hutch. (So are my cards from Diane and potholder from Kim!)This is your last peek of Christmas in the hutch! There's my new Pyrex! Say hi!


Here's an old wire side Ball jar that I picked up for just 25 cents at my local thrift! I got another one with the rubber seal still on it, too!


And yet another $1.50 vintage tin from the antique mall,


all because it has a squished in lid. Poor thing!


How about a chintz mini pitcher for 75 cents from the thrifts? It was supposed to be 25 cents but the checker eyed it slowly and raised the price. Hee-hee! This will go in my future booth because it's a bit too much gold for me. I've been picking up lots of little things for my future booth!


So see, you can find vintage deals at the thrifts AND the antique stores if you go often enough and really dig!


Come back tomorrow for Dotty Day!

14 comments:

cindy said...

I just love your blog!

Cindy

LBP said...

I love those vintage tins and they look great on your shelves! All the red, such a happy color!

Blessings

Linda

Sandie said...

What great finds at such good prices!!! Happy Monday! Sandie

Jacqueline said...

I had to smile when I read, "She shops, she scores!" I have to tell you a funny little story Holly.

When my son married two years ago his dad stood up to give the toast and speech. My my ex-husband, my boys, have all played hockey to their hearts content. Mark's only words in his toast were to Darrin and it was
"HE SCORED!"

I love all your eye candy. It's cute and happy, just what a farm cottage should be.

Thinking of you with smiles.

~~Carol~~ said...

Those tins are SO cute! I love it when I find a bargain at an antique store. It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, WOO HOO!!!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I went antiquing again yesterday and oh boy did I find some awesome things! I'll put pictures up! I'm so excited for you, don't you love getting a deal on something so sweet? BTW, I finally got your button up on my blog, whew, took some brain power! I never did it that way but it was easy peasy!
Hugs,
Julie

Mecky said...

That is a cute tin! I really adore the one with the yellow lid. I would of grabbed both, too.
The hutch looks great!!!

Sandy said...

Hey Miss Holly.... SCORED! Lookin' oh so vintage...NICE!! Happy Happy Happy! Hope you'll come over and see what's new with me... I've turned the corner with burlap and industrial...oh my. They say change is good, right? lol Been on a lampshade mission..wonder what it will be today. Great chatting with ya...ttyl..xoso Sandy

Kim K. said...

I just love happy endings. All your finds are displayed so well in your special hutch.

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE it..... And your Hutch looks ADORABLE!!! :)

Mom Walds Place said...

Confession, I'm a klutz, so I figure all of my tins will get dents eventually anyways. Why not snag a deal! Good for YOU!

Shug in Boots said...

love, love, love all this! vintagey prints are a fave! the Christmasey vintage prints remind me of this post I did about some vintage Christmas cards that were my husband's great uncle's ...

http://shuginboots.blogspot.com/2011/11/vintage-christmas-excitement.html

Have a great day!

Lynn said...

Hi Holly,
I just love your pyrex!! How in the world did you find a whole set?? Did you get it at a good deal? Big hugs, I found the three square pyrex bowl in red, blue, and yellow the price was 70.00 firm so I had to leave them behind!
Maybe later this year! Love your hutch!
Hugs,

My Vintage Mending said...

Totally scored...Your cupboard looks like it was meant to be. I love to see it. I was out and about today...not near as lucky as you but close. Smiles...Renee