Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, January 9, 2012

Tags And A Dotty Lamp Shade Tutorial

Welcome to Dotty Day where blogland gets happier because of dots! Thanks again, Meri for designing this super cute button for me! Today I'm going to show you THREE dotty items that I have made in the past. I hope to post something NEW next week! Here's a little Meyercord decal lamby tag with some tiny dotty paper.



and here is the first tag that I ever made and it too has dotty paper! Gingham, lace, dots, rick rack and buttons all fight to be my favorite!

Oh and of course POM POMS want to be first, too! This is the lamp shade I made last Spring. Click HERE to read the original post for a "sort of" tutorial!

Link your DOTTY post up now through Monday with our linky below this post for a chance to win a little dotty give away! Winner will be anounced next week! This is for fun- okay?

SWAP TIME!

Be on the look out this week for a post about our upcoming 3 item dotty swap! This will be simple and FUN! I'm still trying to create a cute button for our swap. I'm determined to learn how to do this!


Come back tomorrow to see 2 awesome splurges for myRednesday post!


17 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Super cute. I have this lamp and oh does it need such a sweet lamp shade makeover....You will be happy to know that I have a polka dot...to link up with you tomorrow afternoon...yeah! Smiles...Renee

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Yay! The linky is working! that's why I posted it early- to make sure. ♥

donna said...

Love your dots. The lamp is adorable. Love the pom poms.
Hugs
donna

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Does your Dotty Day feature only handmade items with polka dots, or any item with polka dots? Looks like fun! Pam

Lisa said...

CUTE!! I cannot wait for the swap!! I hope the graphics are working with you now!!
Hugs, Lisa

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Very cute. I can't seem to get enough of tags lately...not sure why. But yours are adorable!
Blessings
Debbie

retrorevival.biz said...

Oh I love your button! Meri's a doll, isn't she?

~Cindy

Summer-Raye said...

wow that tag is adorable.


follow each other?

ImagiMeri said...

Hey pretty lady,

I'm just now getting around to all my blog friends and I just have to comment on your Christmas gift....the kitchen cabinet.....ya, when can you ship that over to me? Seriously, how much did you pay for that? I'm sure it's some ridiculous amount that's just gonna' make me scream, but I gotta' know. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see how you decorate it further.

Big hugs,
Meri

Lynn said...

So super cute! Can't wait to find out about the swap details!
Hugs

DearHelenHartman said...

Love 'em and your blog. Really enjoyed my visit today.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hi, girls I can't add this to the post now or I'll lose my linky but you can post and link up ANYTHING that is dotty!! ♥

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow, what cute tags, and I really I really love the milk glass lamp. It's so adorable with the dots and pompoms!
I don't think I quite understand what a linky party is?
A swap sounds fun! Is it all handcrafted?
Blessings,
Susie

Ruby Jean said...

Oh your Lamp is ADORABLE Holly.. Dots and Hobnail Milk Glass is a WIN.. WIN!!! :)

Carly said...

Love your lamp! I remembered the dots this week! Haha
Yet they are barely visible with my crummy pic! The pillowcase on the left has pink polka dot! What fun!
Carly

Jann Olson said...

Your dotty tags are so sweet. The pom poms on your polka dot shade are the icing on the cake.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This really is FUN! My prim quilt has a back of polka dots so I wanted to join the party! Thanks! ♥