Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dressing The Hutch!

Hello to all you sisters that I never had! Are you ready for another hutch tour? (Warning: Lots of pics!) See my new dotty oil cloth on the counter of the hutch? I bought it from Kelly's shop, The Oil Cloth Addict! Click HERE to get your own oil cloth. It was so hard to decide which one to get. I wanted them all and you will, too!

My only regret about this post is that the settings on my camera got messed up and I can't seem to right them again! I promise to take more and better pics when I do! I copied the plate in the drawer idea from Sandie at Steadman's Corner. I hope you don't mind, Sandie. ☺

My poor Christmas hutch seemed so forlorn once I took all the Christmas decorations down! Don't you just hate that? My thought was to dress it up for Valentines Day but I have discovered that less is more for me. I tried adding more items and a lot of paper valentines but it seemed too cluttered for me. Pssst! My mom's rolling pin really likes that ruffly red trim in there with it! It was a long ago gift from my friend Queenie!

The large green topped syrup pitcher was 25 cents at my favorite thrift store! The yellow faucet knob(?) thingy was found in one of the outbuildings here on the farm.

When I finally got over to Michael's, they were out of the dotty cupcake papers but they still had the strawberry ones! I'm so glad! See them there in my old wire side Ball jar? Another 25 cent winner!

Yes, my hutch has some splurges on it but it's full of good deals, too! ☺

This little heart that says Cutie Pie was a Christmas present this year from my friend Lori who was my best friend in Junior High! We reconnected through facebook a few years ago. Thank you, facebook!



Nursery Irmi's from Elizabeth in the hutch? Why not? Children's blocks? But of course!

My mini tip out bin really misses those vintage light bulbs being in it! Can you guess what I'm going to put in it for Easter? ☺

My growing vintage tin canister collection! Each of them under $2.00!

I followed Elyse's advice for using painters tape to secure my oil cloth to the counter of the hutch but that left front corner keeps coming undone! See the blue tape? Hmmm... See my crocheted basket/ pot holder from Kim? She spoiled me this Christmas!


that's all folks! I'm linking up with Sue over at It's A Very Cherry world for Rednesday! Thank you, Sue for hosting this red eye candy day for us!

Thanks for coming by to see me, blog friendies! Your comments add happiness to my life!

30 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I want to come over and PLAY in the Kitchen with you... :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Hutch... MORE and MORE!!! :)

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your hutch is so very charming and I adore all your treasures, so much fun. Makes me smile.

Happy Rednesday!

Mecky said...

It looks great!! That tip out drawer will be great for the little oval things in different colors that you must be planning to put in there for Easter! It will be a great place for cookie cutters on off season or Christmas1

That cabinet is tempting me to go down to this little shop here and buy this old cabinet he has there. I adore his cabinet but don't have room for another one. Your cabinet is adorable!

Shelley said...

I love your cabinet and how you have it decorated...so cute...so many fun goodies...thanks for sharing ...blessings Holly.

Anne said...

Love, love, love your hutch, Holly! Wish like everything I had my Grandma's (back in the early 70s when Mom sold it, I never thought it would be something I'd practically give my eye teeth for years later (Mom sold it to a neighbor for $25)...I even know where it is, and have offered a crazy amount of money to buy it back, but no luck. LOVE looking at yours, though...maybe someday I'll have one! So glad to have found your blog!
Best,
Anne
www.alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com

Kim K. said...

How amazing is that hutch! I took my time scrolling up and down looking at every drawer and cubby. Such fun treasures beautifully displayed in your special hutch. Well done.

My Vintage Mending said...

I use glue dots to keep my oil cloth down. just a dot and it sticks. Like for paper crafts. Your irmis look right at home. Just an amazing piece. I cannot imagine you not having it. Smiles...Renee

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

just simply adorable! so many lovely treasures in that cute hutch!!

Nan said...

Oh this all came out so darn cute Holly I love it. I have a lot of these items myself but not the cute cabinet I'm afraid I won't ever find one of those.

Shelia said...

I love how your decorated your hutch - so many sweet things! Wish I had a pretty hutch like yours.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sandy said...

So So cute!!!!!!!!! Just love it all! I am on my way over to see the oil cloth! :)

Sandy said...

Beautiful reds and I love your oil cloth. I have to get one of those. I have my Mom's rolling pin and it has red handles too. I have a Christmas cabinet (full time) that my Hubby just put together for me out of IKEA Billy bookcases. Now I can leave my Christmas dishes out all year and enjoy them 365 days of the year.

Sandie said...

Holly, Your Cabinet is Grand! Especially the plate in the drawer! Thanks for the shout out! I just may have to copy your tip out drawer! I love it! Glad to know how much fun you have had playing in your kitchen! Blessings from Bama, Sandie

Shirley Hatfield said...

I wish my Zetta cupboard was upstairs where I could play with it. You are having so much fun with yours that I want to play too! You can dress it up anyway you want...like a favorite doll! =D

Lisa said...

What a fun hutch!! That is just too cute.

Linda Ruthie said...

Cute! Cute!! Cute!!!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow, Look at all that charm! You really have displayed all of your fun items in such a beautiful way. I bet there is a peice of memory for every "sister" that comes to visit. So many things, I think we can all relate to in one way or another. It just says Home Sweet Home.
Blessings,
Susie

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Super duper cute!! I am sooo jealous!! I really want a big hutch!!! I love the polka dot oilcloth!! Have a great day! =) Deanna

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

i mean really! how cute is this! i absolutely positively LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!! your hutch is like my aunt doonsey! she changes her hair color ever month...you never know what you are going to see but there is one thing for sure...it is FABULOUS!!!! (((HUGS)))

retrorevival.biz said...

OMGosh, this is just so dern cute! Love all of the goodies ~ so cheerful and happy!

~Cindy

Jann Olson said...

Hi Holly, oh it is all just too cute for words! Love everything. The red and white polka dot dish was a heart stopper. Love all the doilies and the blocks are so fun. Love the tip out drawer. Will the eggs be real, plastic, or chocolate? lol! I'm going back to zoom in on everything now.
Hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Holly, after zooming in I had to come back and say that I just saw a small stove like the one on top at an antique mall. I wanted it so bad, but they wanted a bundle for it.
Jann

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow! This is absolutely divine! I love the color red and against the white it really makes it pop! and such fun details too!! TFS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beautiful hutch...perfect to fill with all of your treasures! Love the touches of red everywhere! ♥

Jacqueline said...

Loved seeing all the pics close up. It rates up there with over the top with whip cream on top...ADORABLE. You must have had a blast shopping for it and decorating it!
It would be perfect in your farm cottage or a playhouse for you and me.

Into Vintage said...

So cute! It's almost like a little room of it's own to decorate. I heart your potholders. :-)

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

Hi Holly!

I noticed you LOVE potholders. Come on over to Beach Bungalow and enter my giveaway. Tomorrow is the deadline!

Good luck!

Sue
xo

birdie blue said...

your hutch looks amazing, holly. love all of your sweet little vintage vignettes in each and every corner.

i use a staple gun with my oilcloth, works like a charm.

xo
molly

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I SO enjoyed seeing your hutch! It is so cheerful and happy. I looked at the pictures over and over! I think your pictures are great. Thank you for sharing your treasures with us. Have a happy day! Twyla

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh my gosh Holly, can I come live with you? I love love love it! I wish my whole house looked like that. I have offered to start by painting the bedroom furniture white and making it all vintagey and shabby chic but so far my husband isn't too excited about the idea. Hmmmmm. Some people!! :)
Hugs,
Julie