Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's A Dotty Dooty Time before And After!

No REAL duty here- just fun! ☺ I have a real treat for you today! This is a roundy travel case that I bought at the antique mall. I ♥ round. It's a nice light yellow and it's like a GIANT dot- right?

This is before cleaning it up with my magic eraser. I even left the $5.00 price tag on. See how deep the case is? "Come fly with me! Let's fly, lets fly away!"

The handle is all cracked and taped but I don't care. I'll soon remedy that!

Here's AFTER it was cleaned up and cutie- pied! Eeek!

I added a deer decal from Sweetina and some dots! It's so cute, I'm gonna die! ☺

Did you know there's a science to polka dottting things? There is! I added and took away dots so many times that my boy called me Mr. Monk! I finally said, "Let it be!" I still have to give the handle a make over. I'm going to wrap it in fabric. Oh no, I realize that I didn't get pics of the inside! But guess what? It has a little mirror!

Oh and here's what I sent to my dotty swap partner Linda of Linda Ruthie's Aprons!

A little bitty banner.

I also dottified and decaled one of my melamine cups and added a button ball garland with extra dots on the buttons and balls. If you would like to order a button ball garland, see THIS post.


I couldn't decide which pic to use so you get to see 3. ☺

Am I annoying you? ☺

Thank you so much for coming by, being my friends AND leaving me comments! I eat 'em up!


Oh! And I'm also linking this post up to Rednesday!

25 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Girlfriend, you could never be annoying.....you are just passionate about dots! Like who isn't, like for sure...........totally!

Now that is annoying. I am so annoyed by the word "like" as every third word in my youngest daughter's vocabulary.

Anyhoo, you did an amazing job on the case, it looks fantastic....and so darn cute! Thanks for sharing.

Big hugs,
Meri

My Vintage Mending said...

That is so super dotty cute. I adore it. Decal and all. Well done Miss Holly. Love those little cases. Smiles...Renee

Shelley said...

Thanks for the smile this morning...A very cute post indeed. I love your sweet dotty case....adorable.
Blessings

{oc cottage} said...

aaaaaaaaaa-dorable!

m ^..^

{oc cottage} said...

{my comp is acting nutty...so if i left you 7 comments...just ignore me! ;}

Jane said...

Wow, you really did a wonderful makeover on that case! Love the cup too!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I love it Holly! Well, how can anything not look good with polka dots! And don't worry about your son calling you Monk, I'm known as "Monk" around here. I would watch the show and laugh because I could see myself in his actions. Oh well, I have decided to just consider it part of my charm.
Julie

Sandy said...

Sweetness! Turned out adorable...you dotty-fied it for sure. Darling.
Have a great day!
xoso
Sandy

Shirley Hatfield said...

Your happiness is contagious! I could hardly stop myself from laughing out loud when I saw the dots and decal! I love the decals...they were on all our baby furniture. Happy Day! =D

Sarah said...

I know exactly how that is! I want things to look just right too. I always have to do the same thing though--decide that things I make look nice, imperfections and all!

Kim K. said...

What a fabulous round train case. Your makeover is simply darling. Well done. Well done, indeed.

vivian said...

not annoying at all.. just cute. and we all love cute out here in blogland dont we!?
LOVE the round case. the little deer decal is adorable. I would love to find a round case like that. I have covered over two other cases with fabric and it would be fun to make another!
always a cheerful place to stop, have a great week
xoxo
vivian

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh to die for!!! That suitcase is adorable. Of course I am a fellow Polka Dot Lover LOL!

Carol

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh, you did a fantastic job, it's so cute! The perfect amount of "Dotty"! You're lucky to find that old case, they're not easy to come by anymore. Enjoy it! Where are you going to put it?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! You made that case ADORABLE! When I first saw it I wondered what you were going to do with it. You have such an eye for making things cute! I can imagine those dots were a headache. You would never know though cause they look perfect! Twyla

Sweetina said...

Beautiful!!!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Darling polka-dottiness!

Happy Rednesday!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Happy Dotty and Redness Day!
You really did the sweetest make over. And it looks like it was meant to be that way from the beginning! I love you dotty swap items, very pretty!
Blessings,
Susie

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

How cute and what a transformation! Much, much better ;) I'd love to see the inside...maybe next time.
Are you using it for anything in particular or just for show?

W. Latane Barton said...

I didn't know where you were going with that travel case... it doesn't matter. It turned out too cute to trust to the baggage handlers anyway.

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, my gosh, that is so cute! Where did you get such a big decal? (Mr. Monk - ha, ha!

I love your swap items - again, so darn cute!

camp and cottage living said...

Hi
I just hopped over from 'It's a Very Cherry World'. I'm so glad I did! Your suitcase is so....cute!
I remember seeing that lamb decal on baby beds many years ago.
And it was such a steal for only five bucks!

retrorevival.biz said...

OMGosh, I LOVE your travel case and what you did to it!!! I found a similar one a couple of years ago and decopauged the heck out of it and am so in love with it too. So PanAm of us, right?!

~Cindy

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the beautiful job you did on the case and what a cute idea to mix hankies in with your flowers!

Happy Holiday Girl said...

Holy smokes you did an adorable job on that:) It's just darling!