Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Primroses And Hankies

Hello blog friendies! I was soooo tickled to see Primroses as I walked into Walmart the other day! They were there to greet me instead of the regular human greeter! I circled 'round and 'round the Primroses like a grinnin' fool, trying to pick out which ones I wanted! Whenever someone else would walk through the doors, I'd quickly look up, hoping to share a smile with someone over our mutual delight. No one else seemed as pleased as I was. Oh well.

I happily brought my choices home and wrapped hankies around each little pot, secured it with a rubber band and put them in my oblong basket. They sit on my dinning room table in front of my Mandy highchair and the big window!

Here's a full shot of the pots plus a bit of REALITY! There's my guys' poker chips on the window sill and outside this great window, you can see the bent up tin roof over the well housing. ☺

And here's the corner of that wonderful, big window! The window is so old and thin that in the winter, we put some of that shrink wrap plastic over it. Our kitty thought we should let that poor, cold air out so she ripped it up when we were in bed that night! Ha! I think it still helps, though- rips and all!

If you look closely, you will see the tape residue from last year's plastic and the soot and ash that goes along with charming wood stove heat! I won't deny I love wood heat, but it *IS* messy! ♥
I'm off to the dentist this morning and hoping to find some cheerful comments when I get home! HINT-HINT!

13 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

My mom loves primroses! The ones you brought home are so pretty! Sorry about the dentist... one of those not fun, but necessary things. I was there earlier this week. Hope your trip was just for a cleaning, not for any drilling or pulling.

Shirley Hatfield said...

If I were there at Walmart I would have shared your smile! =D What a cute idea to wrap the pots in hankies...I am sure more than one of your readers will be doing that this week. I know I am considering it. What a sunny spirit you have...I wish you a lot of smiles and sunshine and springtime.

Nan said...

We lived in rentals too that had to have plastic on the windows to keep out the cold but it was in CA where it's NOT that cold so we were not too bad off. Here in Alaska we have all new double panes and if anyone of them loose that suction in-between the glass layers they fog up. I just call the window company and they come out and replace it free as they are guaranteed for life.

Kim K. said...

Your primroses are just sweet. Love how you have them all snuggled with their special hankies.

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Hi Holly,
Love the makeover on the round suitecase!
Yes, those little primroses make me smile too! Fun idea to wrap a hanky around them.
Warmly,
deb

p.s.
please email your address..thank you! I'm cleaning out my stash and think I have a couple of goodies for you!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your primroses, they look so sweet in the basket, all wrapped in their hankies. I may have to run to Walmart tomorrow in hopes of finding primroses!

vivian said...

a sure sign that spring and easter are on the way. YOur little primroses are so pretty. Ive never been able to keep them alive for long. I dont know why... but give me african violets.. and I can keep them for years!
I love the reality shots... I have way too much reality here! lol!
have great weekend Holly
xo
vivian

Jacqueline said...

A hint hint here
and a hint hint there
here a hint
there a hint
everywhere is a hint, hint!

There, you thought the hints were lost, but now they are found.

Primroses in bloom, I saw a hint here too!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hey Holly! Your primroses are the cheeriest things I've seen all day! I must say it is always nice when the new plants come out at Wal Mart. If you hadn't pointed out the chips I would never have noticed:) I sure hope the dentist appointment went well! Thinking of you. Love Always, Twyla

My Vintage Mending said...

So sweet. Primrose always remind me of Spring. Enjoy your weekend. Smiles...Renee

camp and cottage living said...

Sweet primroses-especially dressed up in hankies!

Niece said...

I just found your blog via Camp and Cottage Living....you have the cutest blog.....I had to leave a comment when I read about the wood burner mess....I so heartly agree and am so happy to hear another say the same thing!!!!!! I am forever dusting this time of year, drives me crazy....but oh the warmth!

~~Carol~~ said...

How can primroses not make you smile? Love how each one has their own hankie cozy too. There's nothing like real live flowers in the house, when everything outside is frozen solid!