Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Blog Grows With Me

I'm linking upto: What Do You Want Your Blog To be When It Grows Up? Click HERE to go to Andrea's blog, The Cottage Market to see who else linked up. I must warn you, I'm in a pink mood so I loaded a bunch of pinks to help me talk! (This first shot is from my second craft room- my Sweet Retreat in Virginia.) I want my blog to grow *with me* because I'm always changing. I've been blogging since May 07! I love that I can write and publish my own works for free! My first blog was a devotional blog.

It's still out there although I'm not posting on it at this time. The name of that blog is To Know Him More. Click HERE if you want to see it. At To Know Him More I'd only use nature pictures that I'd find on the Internet like the one below.

The main reason that I started To Know Him More was because I had a LOT of writings that I wanted to have somewhere other than in my own computer. I used to send out a e- newsletter called Dear Sisters and many of the older blog posts on TKHM are taken from that. (My profile there is VERY out of date. I need to fix that some day.)

When I first started TKHM, I didn't know anything about "girly" blogs- as I came to call them. I didn't even expect comments on my blog. I hadn't told very many people about it and most people I talked too hadn't even heard of blogs! Some friends from discussion boards I was on would comment a little bit and as I started commenting on girly blogs, I started getting more comments on mine! How fun!

When I saw all the fun the girly bloggers were having, I decided I would start a second blog of my own some day and call it Girls At Heart. A whole new world opened up to me through the girl blogs! For the first time in my life, I had encouragement in my crafts and decorating and I found other girls who "got me" when it came to garage sales and the thrift stores!

After I started Girls at Heart, I started crafting a lot and it made me so happy! I eventually dropped my devotional blog because my writing just wasn't flowing anymore. Some people saw that as a bad thing but I didn't and still don't. For everything there is a season. I still write a lot between here, facebook and e mails but it's not titled "Devotional".

I might start posting to my other blog some day but I can't force devotional writing. I'll always love writing and in fact, I think I'll write a book some day when the timing is right. My main goal in blogging here or there is to share my life and love and in that, I hope you feel loved and encouraged!

A few months back, I changed Girls At Heart to Cutie Pie Cottage but whatever I call my blog, I'll always be glad you're here! In fact, if you actually read all this and you leave a comment, I'll pay you! Ha-ha! I kid!


Enjoy life, my friends because it enjoys YOU!

28 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

Sooo, I read it all and demand payment. Come get you some puddin n pie!

My Vintage Mending said...

Isn't it fun to see that there are other people that find things just as special as you do. I love these vintage and crafty things and knowing that there are others out there that see the beauty in them as well makes me just as happy. Smiles...Renee

Denise said...

That was fun reading!I would join in but I really have no idea what I would like my blog to grow into.It will develop but I have no plans as yet.Lots and lots of money would be nice-HEEHEE-But I never want it to turn into work that's for sure.Denise

Perfectly Printed said...

Such a fun review of your blogs and their history. I have only been blogging for about 6 months or so... still not sure where it's headed. Payment for reading it ALL... become a follower of my blog :)

chris

donna said...

Your blog is fun and inspiring. Love to see what you are up to. So glad you are here in blog land.
Hugs
donna

Betsy said...

Hi Holly,

It was so fun to read about your blog history. I haven't been blogging for very long, but I can already see that my focus is changing and that my blog will continue to grow in new ways. I guess it just takes time to find your voice.

Betsy

Eclectically Vintage said...

Two blogs and doing it for years - you go girl! Love all your cute vintage finds and yes, I get your thrifting love!

So glad you linked to our party!
Kelly

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine said...

I enjoyed learning more about you Holly. I never knew you had another blog. I'm going over to check it out. I always enjoy visiting your blog, it's such a happy place to be. Hope you have a great weekend!

BTW, I love all your pinks, especially the princess phone!

vivian said...

Amazing how long weve been playing in cyber space! I actually started around jan 06 with a live journal account. I kept that going until I started my current blog... whenever that was! I just recently deleted my live journal because I had a lot of talk about my job on it and I cant have that. was a little more naive back then! lol
anyways. glad youre out here with your cutie pie cottage and polkadots!
xoxo
vivian

Kim K. said...

It's been fun discovering your blog and getting a little history lesson. I started blogging in 2008 when we traveled to China for our special needs adoption and then as life settled down, my blog turned into my adventures with crafting and thrifting. Happy Blogging!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

that was a wonderful read my friend and enlightening! i share many of your loves and you are just a complete and utter sweetheart and i am happy to call you my friend!!!! sending you tons of hugs and hope everyone is feeling GREAT today!!!!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I think that a blog should reflect what is going on in one's life on a particular day. Sometimes we're inspired to share our talents, sometimes our faith, sometimes the stories of our families. I don't think I could handle more than one blog...I'm just grateful when I have something to share on the one I have. I love this blog and think you are a wonderful person! =D

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

I agree with you, blogs do grow and change with us. Every author should have the opportunity to change subjects now and then. Your pictures are so cute.

Roselle said...

Holly:
Your pretty plates and pink phone are adorable!!! Love your post this week!
Roselle

thistlewoodfarm said...

Thank you so much for joining the party and for sharing your heart! I love your authenticity and your blog is so pretty. Add your rojects to that and you create a blog I truly want to read!

Have a blessed and wonderful day.
blessings,
karianne

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Thank you, Holly! People look at me as if I'm talking about aliens when I tell them how fun and interesting it is to read different blogs, to learn, to be blessed to share and to make friends. Most don't even know what a blog is! Oh how much they are missing! Guess I was the same way just a couple of years ago...lol. I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge...my life is blessed for it :)

Sweetina said...

So glad we met through blogging Holly! Xox Even though I don't blog anymore, I read yours and others and we are also FB friends.
Tina

Jacqueline said...

I would like my blog to grow into a safe place for women called Women in Motion. About women just like you and me that face life with eyes wide open 95% of the time but the other 5% we allow ourselves to shut our eyes and hide and it's okay!
Thought provoking post Holly! Loved it.

I for one, have loved your blog, it's really fun and happy, I love that most about you.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Well you have certainly mastered your very own girly blog here!

Thanks so much for sharing your blogging story and hopes and dreams for your blogging future. So happy that you linked up to our little 'ol party!

:)

Linda

Nan said...

Ha I read it all through too Holly! I started in 08 myself and was Nan's News from the North then I evolved into Retired in Alaska. It's all for fun and I really enjoy it too.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Hey Holly~See you won a giveaway, congrats on that!
Your blog is definitely "being" whatever you want it to be! Your posts are fun & funny, heartfelt, inspiring, so very cute, honest, playful...I could go on! Keep up the "great" work, since I only found you last fall.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I enjoyed reading your blog history. I felt smug because I was around even when I only knew you at TKHM, in fact, that blog is still in our blogroll. I loved you even then:) I was so intrigued by a post you did entitled Help! where you used the lyrics to the Beatles song. So glad we got to know each other through our blogs! Have a happy day! Twyla

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

this was so fun to read! your blog is adorable, and so are you and that shines through!

Jann Olson said...

Hi Holly, I think that your blog has grown up to be wonderful! I think reading it all and saying nice things means I should get paid double, don't you? lol! Seriously, blogging has been so fun for me also. I started mine because my youngest daughter told me to. She said, "Mom, I think you would have fun doing one." I was so unblog savvy. Had no idea about blog hopping or linking. It was over a year and a half before I visited other blogs. Dean, I sure missed out on alot!
Hugs
Jann

~~Carol~~ said...

You've been blogging since '07?! And this is your second blog? You're a PRO! I always have fun when I visit here, Holly. You get so much joy from your family, crafts and thrifty finds!
I hope one day that I can change the name of my blog to Old Glory Cottage In The Woods, when we retire to the Northwoods of Wisconsin!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

sending a (hugs) for you today and to the furbabies!!!! : )

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi HOLLY! It's Holly from Holly Loves Art! How did I not find you before?

I saw your name on another blog and just had to pop over and see yours! We not only have our names in common but also a great love for vintage and cuteness it seems!

So happy I've found you. Following you now so we can keep in touch!

Cheers,
Holly

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Thanks so much for linking up, sorry it's taken me so long to come by and check out your goals. So authentic and heartfelt!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog