Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, April 9, 2012

Enjoying The Farm

When we were first told our time on the farm was coming to an end, I couldn't even step outside without crying! You see, I'm not that attached to the house- it's the farm that I love! This is a pic of where my boy and I went for lunch the other day. This is the rock on chive hill and that is the horse shoe tree. You can't tell in this pic but they were burning the wheat field up on that ridge and there was a strip bright orange fire! This pic cracks me up! Look how big my back side is compared to my skinny legs. Ha-ha-ha! I know I have a jacket wrapped around my waist- but still! I'm sitting and looking down at the rock where we had lunch.

My grand puppy, Butters thinks she's a "real" country dog when she comes out here! She looks funny as she tears around and gets all dirty. I have to make sure she gets really warm when she gets back to the house.

I'm used to big tuff country dogs like Lexi! Here I'm tacking prickles out of her fur. We never have to worry about her getting chilled or sick so it's taken some getting used to having a little delicate dog like Butters.

We also went here the other day. I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay in bed and try to sleep my sorrow away but I'm glad I went! The sound of rushing water always does something for me

Here I am on one of the many bridges that cross the creek. I am wearing my many layers of hiking clothes! (I'm so ready to shed those layers!) This creek flows in the canyon bellow the farm and this was my first time here! My boys have hiked and hunted down here but it is a VERY steep hike down- too steep for mama! We drove down and around and hiked in here on the primitive walking trail. I walked for 2 hours. Surely that will help my back side. Yes? ☺ It's very pretty here but also very scary! My boy has seen a bear down here and of course there are moose, wolves and mountain lions, too! My boy delighted in scaring me from time to time but then ever so sweetly comforted me, too.

We are going to walk down there again when things green up and I'm not as concerned with getting caught in the snow. I also think I want some pepper spray!


Well, we had a wonderful Easter with family and friends yesterday and then this morning, I am meeting my man in town for breakfast and getting pre- approved for a home loan.
for breakfast, I am going to order the french toasted Cinnamon roll from Sharis! Yum! And then I'm going to pretend that we can actually afford to buy a place in the country!

Thank you all for your love, prayers and encouragement. It means a lot!

16 comments:

Kim K. said...

I can see why you are in love with your country setting. Best wishes with your latest life adventures.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! Yes, I agree! It should be spelled "plack"! ;)
We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers that you will find the perfect forever country home!

Lindsey

Perfectly Printed said...

What wonderful country you live in!

chris

~~Carol~~ said...

Geez, you're surrounded by so much beauty! In this economy, I would think that it would be a buyer's market, so I hope you find another place that feeds your soul like this one does, real soon!

Speedy Lady said...

The picture of you is so cute! Looks like you had a lovely day.

Tresa

Shirley Hatfield said...

You look like such a teenager! I am jealous. Grandmas sure ain't what they used to be! =D

vivian said...

what beautiful scenery to be surrounded with. Holly you will find a place you love. I just know it. I'll be sending up a prayer for you. It'll all work out . YOu know that God has something special in store for you.
xoxo
vivian

NanE said...

It is a beautiful place to live and I can see why you would be so sad to leave. You are right though, God does have a plan, but waiting will be so hard. Hugs and blessings for a beautiful new start! Nan

vintage grey said...

It is so gorgeous there!! I can see why you love it so!! You will again find another peaceful, country home!! Your in my prayers!! xo Heather

Protector of Vintage said...

Looks like such beautiful place to live! Hope the loan process goes smoothly and that you find another wonderful place to call home!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly, I love the pictures of you! Your back side isn't big! I think of you often and say a prayer for you to live in the country! Twyla

Jann Olson said...

Hi Holly, what a wonderful place to spend some time. The pics of you are cute and you a just too critical of yourself girl! Wishing you lots of love and prayers that things will work out! Beware of those bears!
Hugs,
Jann

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

We had to leave our farm a few years ago...I truly know how you feel...hang in there, holly!

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, this sure looks like the most perfect place to enjoy lunch! No wonder you're misty eyed about having to leave:( Sending you lots of encouragement and luck in your search for your new, even more perfect home:)

~Cindy

donna said...

Oh I can see why you hate to leave. I can not blame you. I too love the sound of rushing water. Our last house had a pool with a water fall. I miss that sound so much.
Hugs
donna

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I can see why you hate to move it is just gorgeous!! Now, I am an urban girl, I like to be close to restaurants and farmers markets, but there is so many times I would love to take a couple of weeks at a gorgeous country location!

Carol