Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, April 13, 2012

How Much Is That Kitty In The Window?

How much? About 50 cents, I think. This is the thrift store night light that I gave to my Grand Girl for her birthday. It is heavy ceramic. The little light is hidden up above the top part of the curtain. The night light was in the largest box I showed before. See why I had a white kitty theme?


This is what it looked like before. Not bad but not pink and yellow like she and I love.
It also was "chippy" style (Like my thumbnail in this pic!) and I knew my GG wouldn't like that so I painted, glittered and glued.


I changed the net backing to lace, switched out the flowers and added a little dotty rag ball for kitty to play with. My GG really liked it and said it was her favorite present. ☺



It sure is fun having little girls after all these years of boys. Don't get me wrong, I love my grand boys and I'm actually more comfortable with them at times. I know boys. But these girls sure are fascinating creatures! They think and respond so differently than the boys. Sometimes, I just stare at them.




I've been spending lots of time house hunting via the Internet which can be fun but discouraging at the same time. At this point in time, the only thing that consoles me about leaving the farm is the possible prospect of owning our own place again. No, it won't have 345 acres but if it's mine- it will be mine- and that means a lot. We'll see. I have my eye on a little place right now that might work and i'm actually getting excited about it.




(My husband and I never agree on these sorts of things and it is always very trying, tiring and stressful. I should be an expert by now- on marriage AND moving!)




Thanks again for all your love and support and please forgive me if I'm slack in my visiting you just now.

14 comments:

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh Holly, I am so glad you are looking and might have found a place. Who needs hundreds of acres? Sure, I would love it, but even a couple acres is a lot. We have almost 2. I hope you find something soon. Just think how much fun you will have making it your own with all your precious treasures. As far as husbands and seeing eye to eye on things, well I feel your pain. Mine is a sweet man but there are some things he just will never agree with and it usually drives me crazy. I just try not to even get on those subjects! :) Well he is a man, so . . .
Hugs,
Julie

Diane Mars said...

Holly the night lite is so sweet, and I am sure was well recieved by your grand-peep. I wish you the best of luck with your house hunting, if we lived close I could help you in your home searching process. Life is so strange always throwing us a curve ball. Oh and before I forget I love the kitty paper on GG gift. ox Diane

Kim K. said...

How simply adorable! Your touches to the nightlight are just sweet. Best wishes house/property hunting!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Oh sweetie -- i sure hope you have found a new place! no one needs 100's of acres : ) rick rack is so funny! believe me -- i live on 1/4 of an acre and joe still complains : ) LOL!!!! wherever you are it will be home because you make it that way -- sending hugs and prayers! love me!

vintage grey said...

How exciting that you might have found a place! I love the kitty window box!! So sweet! I hope you have a lovely weekend!! ;) xo Heather

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It is so nice to know you are getting excited about a place! Doesn't Bobby know by now that you know what is best and to trust you:)?
The little window is adorable! Have a sweet day! Twyla

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I am so glad you are excited about a place! Doesn't Bobby know by now to trust you:)? The little window is so cute. Have a sweet day! Twyla

My Vintage Mending said...

This is such a sweet gift...Those girls can always keep you on your toes. You can find me many days saying I should have been the mother of three boys. Keep in touch...lots of hugs and prayers...smiles...Renee

Mimos da Claralú! said...

This is such a sweet gift ... I really enjoyed!
Congratulations!
Be blessed one week.
hugs
Luciana

Betsy said...

Holly,

I know this must be such an unsettling time for you. I hope and pray that you will find just the right place to call home.

Betsy

Jacqueline said...

I'm sad too about Holly having to leave the farm. I know that God has plans for you. At times in life, we don't understand. Moving is one of those milestone moments in life where two hearts sometimes collide. Along with weddings and jobs and babies and grandbabies coming. I'll tell you what Holly, the best thing we can do is hang on for the ride, because our mansion is in the sky! I love life, but sometimes I dream of that mansion in the sky and all the love and no tears in heaven.

The kitty window box radiates "pure and simple Holly" it's what I love about you.

I'm getting ready to give Kara her wedding shower this Sunday. I picked lavender and soft blue for the colors and it will be simple but elegant. She does not do the "cute" thing like her mama but rather "elegant"...which has it's place beside "cute".

My job at the thrift store is teetering again, the store is not doing as well as what we need it to. Good ol' Bellingham has the highest gas and cost of living in all of Washington. We are considering a move to Spokane or Wenatchee in the future. Closer to Holly!

Love you and miss you my friend,

Creative Breathing said...

Sweet Holly, I have missed you so! I am so glad to have come back in time to enjoy more of the landscape that I have come to love before the next adventure you have for us. House hunting! What a surprise, what fun recreating your favorite spaces again. I love that you have girls in your life of boys! Always, Elizabeth

retrorevival.biz said...

What a lucky girl to have you! The kitty is darling.

~Cindy

Debbie Booth said...

So cute.
i love this! Holly we have 3 acres, lots of chickens, sheep, pigeons and soon a cow. Lots of chores, work, and falling into bed at night! Hahaha...oh my. Looking forward to hearing more about your place.
Blessings,
Debbie