Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

I don't usually post family pics on my blog and I'll probably end up deleting this one but here's me with 3 out of 4 of my boys on Mother's Day. The white haired cutie is my hubby Bobby and he's holding our youngest grandchild who had fallen asleep. I thought this pic was so funny because it looks like Bobby and I are both falling over! (Those boys wear us out!)We had a wonderful outing at the University of Idaho's lovely nature park- the Arboretum. Then we all went out to eat afterward. It was a fun day.

SAD NEWS
My sweet, adorable, adopted Chiweenie grand puppy killed 2 of my chickies yesterday! BOO-HOO! I was here alone and should have been watching her better. She found a little hole in the hen house and I came upon her after she had killed one and was in the process of killing another. I was afraid I was going to have to finish off the one but thankfully, it died on it's own. So sad! I slept late this morning and I still feel so traumatized.

That, my friends, is the reality of farm life... Sigh...
When we had chickens years ago, we had a opossum get into our chickens in the night but never a puppy! And here, we were worried about the coyotes but not the puppy. You should see how sad Butters looks today! She may have been following her instincts, but she definitely feels guilty! We won't be replacing the chickens until we can make our hen house more secure. Thankfully we at least have one left.

Life is a mix of good and bad- happy and sad. I really like that good and happy stuff best!

14 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly, I love the picture! I love seeing your family! Yes, you and Bobby are leaning:) Micah is cute and looks like you! So sorry about your chicks. That would be so heartbreaking and traumatic. I hope you are having a good day today! Twyla

Linda Ruthie said...

I always enjoy seeing family pictures. Old or new, that's your history!
Even though your pup was acting perfectly natural, it's so scary to see one animal attack another. I hope everyone is behaving today.
((Hugs))
Linda

Tresa said...

You have a great looking family. You all look so happy! Sorry about your chickens.

Perfectly Printed said...

Love the picture! I am sorry about the chicks...we had a duck when I was younger and a raccoon got it. Quite upsetting! The circle of life though...

chris

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

It's so nice to meet your family!

Sorry about your chickens. My Aunt Candy and Uncle Dane live on a farm and they've got their share of them too. Freshest eggs ever! But, I'm pretty sure they've been dinner from time to time too. Yep. Farm life is sure different!

Jill

Diane Mars said...

Holly you look so beautiful in that picture! Please don't delete it's kinda fun once and a while to see family~ Sorry about he chickens, I would have fainted I'm sure! Hugs, Diane

vintage grey said...

Beautiful family photo!! So sorry about the chickens!! Hope you have a great rest of the week! xo Heather

Kim K. said...

Such a handsome family pic. You all look so happy! I'm so sorry about your chickens.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Great photo of your and your family. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your chickens. My friend with chickens loses chicks to cats, hawks, foxes, etc. They seem to be food for everything!

~~Carol~~ said...

I would never be able to live on a working farm. I'd get too attached to all of the animals! I'd still have to buy beef and chicken at the store, because I wouldn't allow anything to be slaughtered, and I'd probably feel guilty for taking the chickens eggs!
Don't delete that picture! It's so nice to see a photo of you and your family!

Mimos da Claralú! said...

Oh! What a beautiful family! Congratulations!
And you're very beautiful and happy in that photo!
Have a blessed weekend!
hugs
Luciana

Jacqueline said...

There you are with all the boys! The picture radiates happiness, looks like a carefree happy day.

Oh yes, I'd love to go to the Farm Chicks event. Perhaps if you want to go next year I can come too! That would be so fun Holly!
Another chapter to our book, Holly and Molly the Happy Farm Chickens...I'd hold your hand, too bad we can't go barefoot.

Happy Holiday Girl said...

Sorry to hear about your chickens!!!

Linda said...

Wonderful family pictures....Aww. your little pup was just being an animal. We love our doggies, however they do sometimes want to hunt. Your poor chickens. I hope you feel better soon.
I am your newest follower.