Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Puppies

Hello girlfriends! This is my latest antique store purchase- Japanese made salt and pepper puppies! I think the one on the left is a girl and she really likes the boy on the right. The boy is not too sure, though! That's just the sense I got. ☺ I'm almost positive I've seen these shakers on another blog somewhere. Please do tell if you know where or if you know the date of these. I couldn't find any info on the Web.


I'm also showing these adorable blocks and spool made by my friend Kim from Shabby, Pink and Pretty! They sit on the counter space of my built in hutch.


I'm into day 3 of baby sitting 3 out of 4 grands. HELP! Ha-ha! For the first time ever, the girls are fighting and they started on the very first day. Thier mommy should be back sometime today and hopefully they will settle down for her. Having their daddy living away from home most of the time is certainly going to be a challenge for them. (And me?) Uh-oh! Here comes the littlest one- up already!


Have a great day and remember to breathe!

15 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Miss Holly those puppies were meant to be in your home. So sweet. Its funny, my husband and I are the first ones up on the weekends as our kids are at that sleep in till noon age. When one gets up we both go "uh oh...they are up!" I am sending you a big patient hug...smiles...Renee

Tresa said...

The salt and pepper puppies are so sweet! Good luck with the Grands. :)

Tresa

~~Carol~~ said...

I think I've seen those puppies before, but it's like they were made for YOU!
I can't wait 'til I've got some grands to babysit. Shhhh, don't tell my daughter. She needs to graduate from college first. One more year!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love these s&p puppies - sooo cute!!!!

vintage grey said...

Hi Holly!! Those are the sweetest puppy shakers!! Love the colors!! What a great find!! Sending you love and patience with your sweet grandkids!! Have a great week! xo Heather

butik busana muslim said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!

Kim K. said...

Your puppies are definitely meant to bring some cheer. So cute. Sending you lots of hugs and patience.

Kim said...

Hi Holly,

Those little puppy salt & pepper shakers are so adorable and they suit you just perfectly.

And thank you so much for mentioning me in your post today. You're such a sweet friend to do that :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh poor Holly! It can be hectic taking care of little ones especially when they aren't getting along. Wish I had some wise words that would help! I think I've seen those cute salt and pepper shakers before, but I don't know anything about them:( I just am totally useless to you today. Hope you have a good week! Twyla

retrorevival.biz said...

What a sweet find! Enjoy the babies:)

~Cindy

Chenille Cottage said...

What a darling post! I love each sweet treasure! Oh, those salt and peppers...so cute!
Smiles,
Carolynn

Linda Ruthie said...

Those are the cutest little S&Ps I've seen!
Life sure does keep you busy. Enjoy those little ones, they grow up in a flash.

The Old-Fashioned Housewife said...

Hi Holly, just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment at my blog and you made me laugh right out loud when you said you were "glad you were poor" so you didnt likely get the DDT wallpaper... haha... that was great. :) Your blog is very cute and these little S&P shakers are just sweet. Thanks again! Blessings!

Shelia said...

Hi Holly! Oh, these are so darling! When I was a little girl, I collected salt and pepper shakers but don't have many now.
Thank you for popping in to see me and I'm so glad you liked my Currier and Ives dishes. There may be some lead in these dishes, but if your dishes are in good shape and don't have any crazing, I think they're perfectly safe. I don't think there's enough to be harmful.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Julie said...

Such cute puppies!

Hope all went well with the grandkids.