Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Farm Chicks!

I did it! I went! For the first 30 minutes I was enthralled but then my face started hurting from grinning like a fool! I tried moderating my enthusiasm after that... Remember when I said I'd probably the tallest girl there? Nope! God is making girls taller these days! It was so fun to dress up Farm Chick cute! ( I was so tempted to photo shop a better make up job on me here! Hee-hee!) I brought this little burlap bag that Amy from My Shabby Bungalow made and gave to me. I added the bling because it just seemed appropriate for Farm Chicks. The flower on my hat and the ribbons on my blog badge were also from Amy! I put on my blog badge on my frilly scarf right before I got there. Several people thought I was a vendor. ☺


I tried to take a variety of pics so get ready! I made sure I had plenty of batteries for my camera- but NOT plenty of room on it or I would have taken even more more pics! The green chairs below reminded me of my mom. I saw so many cute tins there- some priced better than others! I almost bought these red and green ones! I went to the Sunday show but it was still more crowded than than I'm used to. I won tickets to the show off of facebook so I didn't have to wait in line! Yippee!




Even though I wore comfortable shoes, I still got a severe cramp in my foot after walking around for about 45 minutes! I had to hobble outside and rest with my foot propped up. Ha!


These millinery flowers reminded me of Amy.


This table and chairs reminded me of my mom, too. I loved that fan and wanted it! But what do you do? There were 250 vendors and I saw things I wanted right away!


There were so many lovely booths but it was almost impossible to get pics without people in them- blocking the way. I had to edit a lot of people out of these pics!


These little ruffled bloomers were the first thing I took a pic of!


I thought the rick rack on this shelf was so cute! there was plenty of pink, red and blue at the show! I tried to take pics of all color schemes except rust. I don't do rust. It does NOTHING for me!


Purty- purty! It took me a long time to get a pic of this dress form without someone passing in front of it! Oops, there's that booth again. I go so confused making these collages!


Lots of baby and kid stuff but I didn't buy any-can you believe it?! The lady who owned the dolly high chair told me, "You know you waaaant it!" ☺ That was the only sales pitch of the day!


Loved this Dairy queen sign but again, it took me forever to get a pic of it.


See part of me in the mirror?


DECALS! I loved the beading on the high chair but it was too rusty for me.


There were 4 tables piled high with linens like this! I ended up buying a quilt and a chenille spread- both would be considered "cutters". The 20 something long haired guy who sold them to me called me "dude" and it made my day! ☺


Well, what do you think? Did you see anything you liked or that inspired you?




I'm so sad to say that I didn't meet any bloggers there but I chatted with a few strangers and made a female acquaintance in the man cave. She was also there with just her husband. A bunch of us "over 50" ladies were resting in the man cave where there was only one man! Ha-ha!



After the show, Bobby and I got lost in downtown Spokane while trying to find the Olive Garden! We finally found it and we had a wonderful meal! Carol, I really was going to take a pic of my dinner but my camera was full! Ha-ha! Just imagine: Shrimp, ravioli, salad, bread sticks and chocolate mousse! yum1 Huge portions, too.




Well, I had a wonderful day away at the Farm Chicks show! Way to go, Serena! I think it's a great show and I just might go again next year- IF someone can talk me into it.




I'll show my finds in another post!

27 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It sure looks liek fun.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh Holly, That show looks wonderful! your photos are great. My heart is pounding over those 4 tables of linens, want to rummage thru, LOL! Love your farm girl outfit, so cute. Can't wait to see your finds later. Pam

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Bummed we did not connect...but what show. I loved that floral folding chair with the table that you have a picture of (up near the top of your post). No spot for it tho...
I will be there again next year, seriously the best weekend!

DianeM said...

You Lucky Duck! What a fun walk down memory lane that would've been for me...too far from NJ unfortunately :(
I'm glad you got to go & had such a good time - I probably would've fainted from over-excitement anyway!
Smiles, DianeM

Kim said...

Oh my... So much eye candy to see. You did such an awesome job getting lots of pictures. Almost makes me feel like I was there too. And you look adorble in your Farm Chicks outfit :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Holly I am so glad you had a great time..I would have taken my husband too...smiles...Renee

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

i see plenty of things i like! someday it is my wish to go to this show...i live far...in IL :(
thanks for sharing all your photos, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I am so glad you had a good time! I got my tags done and sent off...E even did a really nice post with all my tags! Yay! When it comes to Elizabeth, I'm sometimes like the girl who wants to sit at the popular table! I'm happy just to be there. lol! =D Thanks for sharing those great pics!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, I'm so glad you had a good time! I think you were the purtiest thing there! You looked so cute in your cowboy hat! I have a weakness for high chairs and that one was adorable! Thanks for sharing your experience. Twyla

vivian said...

what a good time! You're lucky to live close enough to go. And, you looked adorable!
I love cutter quilts and chenille bedspreads, they make wonderful old teddy bears!
have a great week
xo
vivian

Kim K. said...

I'm so envious. Your pictures are amazing. I wish I lived closer. Can't wait to see what you bought. You look absolutely darling.

vintage grey said...

Oh, I am so glad you had fun!! Looks like there were so many great treasures!! You look so sweet in your outfit!! xo Heather

Happy Holiday Girl said...

Okay, so I too loved that table and chair set that you photoed in one of the first collages! It was the blue and green floral set? Anyways, so get this, on Saturday, when we went, the huge linen section in the main hall never became unbusy enough for us to visit. We were there for four hours and there was NEVER an opportunity for us to get in and look at the linens. I walked by weeping at the Christmas linens I kept seeing! Tear! My husband was on the lookout for you and pointed a few different gals in hats but none were you. I had to tell him, "no she is taller, with dark hair and is a good lookin' gal!" Sorry we didn't see you but it was crazy with a capital "C" on that day! It was nearly impossible to take pictures cause of all of the people. We only took a pic outside with me and my finds but I cropped myself out for my blog:)

Shelley said...

I saw much I could have certainly brought home with me. My days of flea markets and such have pretty much narrowed down because I am unable to walk,but a short distance,due to my painful knees and back,but I can always enjoy post such as yours today :) Thanks so much for sharing Holly. I am glad you got to go and enjoyed your day. Looks like it was a wonderful show. Blessings

Jacqueline said...

I am thrilled that you got to go. What a fun time we are living in with all these treasures from the past moving right into the future. I've always wanted to go to that show, I must put it on my bucket list. My bucket is over flowing!

I love Spokane too, the waterfall right smack in the middle of the town is beautiful.

Wedding pics on my blog, I'm in total bliss and very content, it is all done with. It was so beautiful Holly. The Pastor was amazing and kept us all calm and made the whole day so meaningful. When you get a minute come peek at my blog and you'll see what he did.

Love all the photo's, of course I love the kiddy stuff best. So darn charming...all of it!

Chenille Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chenille Cottage said...

Hey, Dude!
I'm cracking up! I love your comment about the twenty something guy! He made your day...Now, you've made mine!
I love your blog and, I agree, that the Pacific Northwest is wonderful!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...I hope you have a Happy Rednesday!
Blessings and a few chuckles, too!
Carolynn xo

Chenille Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Thank you for visiting us. So happy you had a great time at Farm Chicks. Love your photos and blog, we'll be back for another visit to.
Have a fun summer!

xox Glad & Cel

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

WOW -- WOW -- I feel like I was there myself! fabulous pictures! wonderful time!!!!! thanks so much for sharing all the goodies with us! you rock farmgirl!!! :) hugs...how is your grand doggie doing : : )

Ann said...

WOW!! I love your photos of the show! I had so much fun there ... I was so ecstatic to go this year! Your outfit... SO cute!I am your newest follower too!

Jann Olson said...

Oh I am officially jealous! I so wanted to go to this. Maybe next year. I think you did a great job on the piccs. I saw plenty I was drooling over. Loved the vintage tins and red phone. I must say, 'dude' you looked pretty darn cute in your girly scarf and love, love that bag!
Hugs,
Jann

Cj said...

Your blog is so stinkin cute!! I could really use your help in finding a meyercord decal. I am trying to find a specific one with a bear and a lamb. HELP! Where do I look? I have looked all over and no luck.
Thank you,
Crystal
cadj82@hotmail.com

Jenny S said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You have some of the best pictures! I am so jealous of what you saw!!

Jules said...

Holly, thanks for stopping by my little blog. Glad you enjoyed the show, you got some great pictures! Thanks for sharing all of them with us.

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Wow, what a treasure trove! Lots and lots of eye candy. Looks like a fun day!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

HOLLY!! O am so jelly that you got to go but sooo excited for you too!! You are so sweet to have taken the little burlap bag I made, that makes my week :)
I would be swoooning over that millinery! I would have had to buy it all, lol. I love that wedding dress too!
You bought some wonderful things! I love those three canisters, they are so pretty! Love that quilt too! I know just the sprinkle jar you are talking about too! I have wanted the same one but love the one you got! I dont have any vintage sprinkle jars in my cupcake kitchen, need to remedy that.
Your day sounds like so much fun! O love the Olive Garden too, it iw one of my favorite restaurants!
Love you sweetie and Im so glad you had such a wonderful time, you deserve it so much!
Amy