Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, June 8, 2012

My Farm Chicks Finds

Here they are! My Farm Chicks finds! These bitty salt and pepper shakers were my first purchase of the day-$4.00. They will reside in my hutch! This is a really large, plastic cookie jar. It matches a salt shaker that I once sent to Sandy of 521 Lake Street- doesn't it, Sandy? This was a splurge for me at $8.00 but I wanted it right away so I got it. Fun, huh? See it- buy it! ☺

It was hard to get a clear pic of the top and side so I took 2! The vintage sheet back drop was a recent thrift store find! I think it's so sweet!I think these canisters were a good deal. There's hardly any rust on the outside of them and none on the inside. There were 4 canisters for $10.00. The fourth and largest which is not pictured is very faded. The Mrs. obviously had that one near a window! They ARE brighter than this but cloudy weather makes dull pics!


I've wanted one of these glass cookie sprinkle jars for a long time! I *really* want one with the little girl's face on it but this will do for now. I think this was $2.00. You didn't think I was going to forget the pastels- did you? This quilt was my biggest splurge of the day for $40.00! I've always wanted a genuine old quilt- not just a repro and this one fits the bill! It's some sort of star and only has a few tears in it that I will try to repair. It's nice and worn and bumpy and I plan on USING it! I had to buy some chenille too -right? Wow, there was sooooo much to chose from! I could have spent all day going through them all but there were so many more booths to go see and buy from!



It was really difficult to fully unfold and examine the larger linens because of the crowds. so this bedspread is in a lot worse shape than I thought it was. I think I paid too much for it- $20.00 but that's okay. I bought it from the young long haired guy who called me dude so that made it worth it. ☺

After I've soaked both of these and hung on the clothes line, I'll get full pics. I need some good weather first, though! Idaho is having another record wet spring. Ugh! Did I bring the rain with me or what?!


Well that's it! I hope you enjoyed seeing my Farm Chicks treasures! I even came home with money left over so I could impress Bobby.


Thanks for coming by! If you leave a comment, you'll make my day!

25 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh Holly, You got everything I would have bought! And yes, that matches my shaker!

LOVE the quilt, and only 40.00 ???? WOW! Can't wait to see all of your finds in your cupboard..:)

Tresa said...

Oh how I would love to attend this event someday. You got some great stuff! I especially love the quilt. It's so pretty and cozy-looking. The cookie jar is great too.

Carol said...

Great finds! I think you have bargains. Send some moisture to middle TN.

Protector of Vintage said...

Oh, you found some lovely treasures!!

Lynn said...

Hi Holly,
Looks like you found some awesome treasures! I live on the other side of the United States so I will probably never be able to attend this show in person! So thank you so much for taking pics for us to see all the goodies that were there. I saw so much that I wanted in the pictures that you shared. I would have bought the dolly highchair with the rust!! LOL I do rust, I love the used look LOL With all of my health issues, I feel rusty myself all the time,like I am over used and all stiff from sitting out in the elements LOL
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your goodies!
Hugs,
Lynn

Kim K. said...

I'm thrilled and envious of your finds. What a beautiful quilt and cozy bedspread. Your cupboard is going to be so very very happy with all your treasures.

Kim said...

Holly, you found so many wonderful vintagy farmhouse things at Farm Chicks. You must be thrilled. I'm so glad one of your dreams came true and that you were finally able to attend the show yourself and I hope you'll be able to attend many more in the future.

janice15 said...

I think you got some great things, I have those exact little shakers..I just found them in my storage...The cookie canister is great lovely bright yellow. and the other ones as well. I had recently bought a table clothe for 25. washed it by hand and found tiny little holes in one spot. but It has beautiful embroidery in purple and I thought if I have to I will maybe add a piece of linen to the middle...you could always make pretty pillow with your chenille spread.. I think we have been all having some silly weather...specially San Francisco. we have been having wind and wind...have a great weekend..with love Janice

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Holly! I think your treasures are all perfect! Those s and p shakers are adorable and I love the yellow cannister! The quilt is just precious! That was a good buy and will make up for the fact you may have paid a little too much for the chennille. Enjoy your treasures, Dude! Twyla

Jacqueline said...

Cheers to the Farm Chick in you! What a fun experience and great finds Holly that fit your farm cottage perfect!
I'm really happy you got to go!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Hi Holly!
Lots of pretty things you got there. I really like those little salt and pepper shakers. You did so good!
Blessings,
Susie

Linda Ruthie said...

Wonderful treasures! I think the S&P shakers are my favorite of the bunch. I don't know what your plan was for the chenille spread but I've seen some wonderful things made from them. Of course you have to be willing to cut it up.
I'm always looking for vintage tablecloths to cut for aprons or pillows but I never seem to find them at the right price. That's OK because most of the fun is in the hunt.

Anne said...

The chenille bedspread is so pretty.

Cindy Holshouser said...

Oh I love all of your photos too. Wasn't just amazing? This was my third year. It's more crowded each year. And I was surprised at how crowded it was Sunday. FUN!

Shelley said...

You found some great things Holly...I love the old quilt. Someones hands put a lot of work and love into it,that's for sure and for certain...blessings

Monica said...

Hi Holly -- first of all, thanks for stopping by my little blog. I looked through all of your pictures of the big show ..... you did a great job capturing everything! And your purchases are just so sweet!!!!! I loved seeing them :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Wasn't that the best show ever!!!
and I see your also from Idaho. Howdy neighbor! You found some great finds too.

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway.
hugs Lynn

patchworkandlace said...

Hi holly thankyou for your lovely comments over on my blog ,i melt the wax in the cup then just stick the candle in x
Lovely finds too well done xx

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Great buys! Too bad the chenille spread wasn't in as good a shape as you had hoped. But I'm sure you'll find some good uses for it :)

GardenofDaisies said...

Loads of fun finds!! I wish I lived near so I could go! I love the quilt you found! And the yellow cookie jar! I hope you are able to get some of the stains out of the chenille blanket, too.

Mimos da Claralú! said...

Hello dear friend! Stopped by to say hi and leave a hug. Be blessed one week. Ok? Luciana

Sweetina said...

Awesome Finds Holly! I love them all! your quilt is gorgeous and looks like a Texas Star Quilt with beauitul colors to help with happy and cosy nights. maybe with the chenille you can find some chenille pieces on etsy or at the thrifts and "patch" it,if there are holes. (I can't sew myself, so just guessing )
he tins and everything else will go so well with your hutch and kitchen accessories!
Tina

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Fun Farm Chicks finds! That is the best show....

SoSewBlue said...

I just love your finds and your blog. I noticed you made a comment about the spinkles bottle that you would like one with a picture of a little girl. As luck would have it, my son brought me a box of old bottles from North Dakota just Thursday. There is a Schilling Fancy Decors bottle with a blue metal screw on cap that has a little girl with a bow in her hair, putting a cookie in her mouth. I have a picture but did not know how to include it. If you are interested, I would happily send her to join your collection. The label is a little dirty, but overall is in good shape. My email address should be attached. Have a wonderful summer!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

He there SoSewBlue! How kind of you!!! BUT- your email wasn't attatched and I see you don't have a blog... :(