Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Changing It Up!

It's color time! I've been changing up an old wreath and this is the finished product- almost. ☺ Here's the before. I made this for my Virginia kitchen and used it in the kitchen here in Idaho too but in preparation for my new house, it got a bath, cut AND some extensions added making for a complete make over!

I added pink, yellow, blue and white in all sorts of ways!

Does it look fun?

I really enjoyed adding the fun jelly bean fabric given to me by Vintage Mending Renee! Thanks Renee! The jelly bean fabric was supposed to be for my rag balls but it was too thick for that purpose yet perfect for a wreath!

I'll still add a bit more to the wreath since it's fuller in some spots than others, plus I'm hoping to find a sunnier yellow rick rack. I only had a little bit of yellow rick rack on hand and it's more of a gold tone. I hadn't made a wreath in a long time so this has been fun!


HOUSE NEWS:

The first inspection will be sometime this next week and I'm hoping it's EARLY in the week. There are no other prospective buyers in sight so hopefully, we have a straight shot and we can make our offer before the end of August!

I've already started packing! It's mostly stuff for my future antique mall space and books for trading after we move but I've started! I'm also doing a lot of de-junking and cleaning in preparation of moving, too.


HOT FLASHES!

HELP!

Who among you older blogging sisters has found relief? Please give me some tips! They are keeping me from sleeping well- except last night when I shivered all night long! UGH!


Love to you all! Thanks for all the well wishes in my house hunting! This bird wants her own nest again and I'm excited!

21 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, love the new wreath, looks so pretty. Excited for you moving into such a cute cottage,yey!!!!I`m not to sure what to do about the hot flashes, I just road them out and complained alot. Blessings Francine.

becktovintage said...

Hi dear friend, Your wreath seems so lovely...:)) I like the wreath so much and I will try to make the same in a very short time I think..
All best wishes....

Susan said...

For hot flashes, stay away from red meat, and eats lots of yogurt. My dermatologist prescribed me Renova for my skin, and it helped so much! Drink lots of water! What is it like to live in Idaho? I live in Arkansas. Love your blog.


Susan

vintage grey said...

Such a beautiful wreath!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

ImagiMeri said...

Hey Girlfriend,

What a cute wreath! Sounds like you've got all kinds of excitement happening.......how cool.

I take Black Cohosh (a supplement) and stay away from caffein for my hot flashes. With the Black Cohosh they are fewer and less severe, and caffein will only make them worse, so stay away from it. My sister has told me about getting a pair of 100% cotton socks and getting them wet (not soaking), putting them in the freezer and wearing them when you sleep. She says it keeps you cool all night long and the socks are dry by morning. I haven't tried this yet, but she swears it works. I hope you find something to work.

Hugs,
Meri

Sandie said...

Finally got to visit you! The new house is ADORABLE! Can't wait to see the inside. Congratulations!

donna said...

Holly I love your wreath. It is full of good cheer. I made one long time ago out of lavender fabric. OH how I wish I had the secret to hot flashes.
Hugs
donna

Nan said...

Good to see you posting and I love the sweet wreath! I was reading the news on the house deal that's good. On the hot flashes blog 'phyto B' and read about this all herbal estrogen replacement therapy. I used it for 10 years. It can be purchased on line and needs no doctor's perscription.

heartfelt living said...

Hi Holly,
I have been following your blog regularly, I just have not posted or commented in a while. First I love your wreath! The colors are so cheerful. You know I display the wreath you sent me in our valentines swap, every year. I treasure it. :) I hope all works out perfectly for you and that sweet home! The yard is perfect and I can't wait to see what you do with the interior. The only thing I have found as far as hot flashes at night is keeping a small fan by the bed however that means I'm turning it off and on all night. If left on I get too cold.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Take Vit E !!!! and stay away from caffine has already mentioned.
Adding more fabric to the wreath was a good idea. Looks better all fluffed up!
Deb

✿Carol✿ said...

Love the wreath, and the news that it looks like the little yellow cottage will be yours! I can't wait to follow you on this journey, Holly, and see how you decorate it!

Stampin D Amour said...

SO pretty!!! I love your blog! xo

-pamela ;)

✿Carol✿ said...

I just had to go back and look at your soon to be house again. It's so stinkin' cute!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hope everything goes smooth with the packing, yes, it is a great time to clean and declutter!! Your wreath is adorable and it does look like fun!

Carol

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Holly!
This is such an exciting time for you. I can't wait to hear how the inspection goes and I am hoping that all goes perfectly.
Your blog is always a sweet retreat.
I love visiting!
Have a wonderful week, my friend,
Carolynn xo

Creative Breathing said...

Holly! I am doing the Happy Dance for the new home you will soon be happily decorating with this cute wreath. Oh my gosh! I think it is a God thing that you should have changed your blog name to Cutie Pie Cottage. Love when that happens! Have a blessed day. Elizabeth

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

exciting...exciting...a new home! I was on bio identicals for awhile...that helped!

Shelia said...

Wishing the best and hope all goes well! Your wreath is so cute too! Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Stephanie said...

I was on the blog becktovintage and I saw your button and decided to come on over. Your blog is very charming and fun...you won me over so I decided to become a follower :) Your wreath is great and I love the colors!

Blessings to you,
Stephanie

theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Love your blog! I'm from Idaho as well. For your hot flashes try renewed balance from the AIM companies right here in Nampa, Idaho. It is the only natural product I have found that works! It is a natural progesterone no soy! www.theaimcompanies.com
Hope this helps!

Lisa said...

Love your blog! I'm from Idaho as well! For your hot flashes try Renewed Balance it's a natural progesterone cream. No soy and the company is in Idaho! www.theaimcompanies.com.
I don't work for them or sell it, it just works!
Hope you get a chance to try it!