We make our offer on the cottage on Tuesday. We are using an unconventional loan so there are many repairs and stipulations that the current owners will have to meet if we are to buy it. The list is LONG and most of the changes cost more money than we have available. I guess it depends on how badly the current owners want to sell. There have been no other interested buyers and we're heading into fall and winter so in that repect, the odds are in our favor. It's still been enough of a road block to drain out my "let's move" adrenaline, though.
We attended the inspection with our loan officer and realtor the other day and we were able to spend a lot of time "unchaperoned". It felt so peaceful and it felt like home- even with the owners belongings still there. I was able to really look, measure and dream. I still can't decide if I want my craft room upstairs or downstairs but I think down. Oh wait- I mean *IF* we buy the house. I think you all can guess how I'm feeling. I'm not panicked in any way- just sort of dazed.
Thanks for waiting with me!