Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Scaning Your Favorite Fabric

Hello blog friendies! Last winter, I bought a little pair of girly pants at a thrift shop that were made out of this cherry/strawberry fabric. Here it is covering a little jar I found at the thrifts. But this isn't fabric, it's paper! Did you know you can scan fabric and print it out as paper? Easy peasy! Just smooth it out flat, scan, save and print! I've printed it over and over! My only regret is that I didn't think to scan it when there was a larger piece left! I've been using the fabric in my button ball garlands and the paper in my crafting. Here in the pic below, you can see the imperfection of my gluing method. ☺

ON THE COTTAGE FRONT:

We make our offer on the cottage on Tuesday. We are using an unconventional loan so there are many repairs and stipulations that the current owners will have to meet if we are to buy it. The list is LONG and most of the changes cost more money than we have available. I guess it depends on how badly the current owners want to sell. There have been no other interested buyers and we're heading into fall and winter so in that repect, the odds are in our favor. It's still been enough of a road block to drain out my "let's move" adrenaline, though.

We attended the inspection with our loan officer and realtor the other day and we were able to spend a lot of time "unchaperoned". It felt so peaceful and it felt like home- even with the owners belongings still there. I was able to really look, measure and dream. I still can't decide if I want my craft room upstairs or downstairs but I think down. Oh wait- I mean *IF* we buy the house. I think you all can guess how I'm feeling. I'm not panicked in any way- just sort of dazed.


Thanks for waiting with me!

20 comments:

vivian said...

Holly, I hope this works out for you. the house and property are adorable. I know you could breath new life into it and make it perfect for you and your family! Im sending up a prayer for the owners to agree to do the work!!
happy sunday!
xoxo

My Vintage Mending said...

This is such a darling home it looks like you already put your stamp on it. I want to move in with you. Your jars are darling...I never thought to scan fabric...smiles...Renee

Georgie Horn said...

I never thought to scan fabric, aren't you clever. And oh, the cottage is to die for! I swoon!

Diane Mars said...

I love the jar re-do it sure worked well scanning the fabric. I do hope things work out for you with this house... fingers crossed..Hugs, Diane

Dorothy Prudie Vintage said...

Love the scanning of fabric. You just gave me an idea. There are so many fabrics that I sell that I want to save each one because they are too cute. Now, I can scan and save them on the computer and not have to worry about selling my last piece. Imagine my fabric stashes I have. I need to add on...ha. Anyway, about the house. I really feel that if it
will be in your best interest to get the house, it will happen. If it is going to be more than you can handle or fix, etc...then maybe it would be good not to get it. I do hope you get it though. I just love that house.

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, oh that is so sweet as the lid cover, cute fabric. Sure hope you get that charming cottage, it screams you!!!!! Blessings Francine.

Shirley Hatfield said...

Here's hoping for the best, sweet Holly! =D

Kim K. said...

I can just see you in that sweet house. Fingers and toes crossed. Sending some extra prayers your way!

Perfectly Printed said...

I never thought to scan fabric, what a great idea!!! Crossing my fingers for the house....it alwasy is so very stressful!!

Best,
chris

Nan said...

I'm really excited for you Holly I think this house is you and I hope it works out my friend. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

vintage grey said...

How neat to scan fabric!! So creative!! You cottage-to- be is so sweet!! xo Heather

✿Carol✿ said...

Never thought to scan fabric....the possibilities are endless!
Sounds like the owners of the cottage are going to have to face these issues in order to sell it, so they might as well take care of it now. The sooner you can turn it into Cutie Pie Cottage, the better!

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh Holly, I am so hoping and praying for you to get the house. I think it's perfect.
I loved the post on your boys. I have three boys and one girl, and your picture reminds me of mine.
Lastly, I love your idea of scanning fabric into paper. You can also scan fabric onto blank printable fabric when in a pinch and you need a little bit more of something you have run out of. Expensive but worth it in an emergency.
Let us know on the Cutie Pie Cottage!!!!
Hugs,
Julie

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a sweet little house!! And your jars are adorable too! Happy Monday!
xo Holly

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I hope the house works out, I want you to get us inside for pictures! I am sure you know, it is out of your hands and what will be will be! But, I so hope for you it will be, we'll be waiting for the news!

Carol

Elyse said...

hi holly,

what a sweet place! and do i spy an outbuilding? (love those!) fingers crossed!!!

of course i'm big on printing fabric. adorable!

xo
elyse

donna said...

Holly I so hope everything works out for you. This house is just to cute. Love you idea to scan fabric to paper.
Hugs
donna

retrorevival.biz said...

I am soooo hoping you get your dream cottage, Holly! Sending good wishes and lucky your way:)

~Cindy

Sentimentally Me said...

What??? Who knew you could scan fabric and MAKE YOUR OWN PAPER>??Fantastic.

Sending good thoughts for the cottage to work out . . . fingers crossed for you!

GardenofDaisies said...

Scanning fabric sounds like a great way to open up a whole new door to crafting possibilities. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out on your cute cottage.