Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cottage Cabinets!

Hey there friendies!  Moving is going great!  I'm sore and tired but I'm happy, too!  Tired and happy is much better than tired and sad- don't ya think?  I wanted to show you the cute cabinets from both of my new powder rooms.  I was afraid the previous owners might take them since I knew they were not original to the house.  This first one is in *MY* powder room.  ☺  I added the pink starfish from M and a rolled up wash cloth so you can tell the size of it.  I want to add a glass knob and cute paper to it.

This second cabinet is from the main bath and I'll be able to hang a pretty towel from it.  Both baths are painted the same sage green.  I tried to get the lighting right so you could set the exact color but it was hard.  Where the bath lights shine on the wall, it looks lighter but on the shadowy side it's darker.  I would rather a lighter color but this will do for now.  Compared to the yucky walls of the farm house- these baths make me feel like a princess!
Two more big days and I'll be sleeping at the new house!  Yippee!
Thanks for helping me move!


11 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

I cannot express how happy I am for you...there is nothing more exciting than moving into a house of your own! There were times I could not sleep, just dreaming of how I would decorate my new spaces! You deserve this happiness! It is the "most wonderful time of the year!"

Creative Breathing said...

Holly, It is amazing how much larger your living room looks painted white. I can see so many great ideas these cabinets will make possible. Have fun! E

✿Carol✿ said...

Love the sage green walls, and those cabinets really POP against them! Hope you don't need those cabinets for storage, and you can fill them with lots of cute things!

ThrifterSisters said...

I love that first cabinet & cannot wait to see your transformation!

Keep the updates coming:-)

Erica

chris mckinley said...

Looking good!! So much fun in planning your new home!!

chris

retrorevival.biz said...

I'm soooooo far behind catching up with your blog! Can hardly believe all I've been missing! Congratulations on your new home! How exciting ~ all the decorating and nesting you're doing:) Thanks for keeping us posted ~ it's like we're really neighbors:)
~Cindy

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Holly, both are great cabinets, so cute, I'm so excited for you to be moving in your new home, lots of work but fun to make it home, with your own touches.......Blessings Francine.

vintage grey said...

Love your sweet cabinets!! Have a wonderful weekend making your new home sweet and pretty! xo Heather

GardenofDaisies said...

Those will look really cute with glass knobs and pretty paper at the back. :-) I think you're really going to love your new house once you get settled in!

Kim K. said...

You are making great progress. Keep the pictures coming.

My Vintage Mending said...

Holly this is so much fun..thank you for sharing...I love each detail. Smiles..Renee