Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, November 29, 2012

White!

Moving day 2!  Go back a few posts to see the before shots of the dark living room.  This room already feels so much larger!  Yay! I can't wait to start adding pops of color.

I love the cathedral ceilings!  Even though my cottage is small, these ceilings make it feel big!

We moved some furniture over along with more boxes and "stuff".  I cleaned both houses and unpacked a couple of boxes.  I'm still not done packing here but I'm loving this gradual moving over instead of doing it all in one big day!  My DIL and grands came to the farm yesterday to tell it goodbye.  Then they met me over at the new house to see the inside for the first time.  they really enjoyed playing on the big swing set/fort!My eldest grand girl has had a hard time with us both moving but once she saw the new place with some of my cutie pie decor spread around, she felt better and kept telling me so.  ☺ I feel better, too.  I'm sure to cry at least one last time when I leave the farm for good but I know I'm going to enjoy my little Meadowbrook cottage so much! 
Thanks for helping me move! 


11 comments:

Kim K. said...

I'm sure it's hard saying goodbye but what an exciting adventure to make this home YOUR home. I can't wait to see all your pops of color! How nice that you can spread out your move over several days. Can't wait to see more pics!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Holly~So glad to see you're moving in! Oh, I love doing that gradual moving. We did that from the "farmhouse" we rented to the "ranch" house we bought. You're gonna love owning your own home.

It looks great, nice and bright and cheery. Of course you'll shed a few tears leaving the farm, but you'll take all the great memories with you! :-)

Keep those pics. coming! Pam

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine said...

What a fun, crisp way to begin your new decorating adventures! I'm sure your new place will be "home" before you and your grandbabies know it.

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

looking good! excited to see all your color pops soon...
what white did you decide on?

chris mckinley said...

Love the new color!! Keep those pictures coming!!!

chris

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Holly, moving is such hard work. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know! Your new house is going to be cute as can be! Thanks for the pictures. It's almost like being there! Twyla

✿Carol✿ said...

It's official. Once you name your house, it's now considered HOME!

I think you're going to love having that room painted white. Everything you add will just POP in there! I'm going to miss seeing shots of the farm, but I can't tell you how excited I am about watching you decorate your home. You can do whatever you want to it, and completely make it your own. Keep the photos coming!

Old Fashioned Gal said...

I'm so happy to hear the move is going smoothly! I think I'd be pretty heart broken to leave our little house although we definitely are in the next few years. It will be time to upgrade before we know it! :)
-Denise

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Holly, it's ok to she'd a tear or two......it is such a big job moving but know you will love your new home.....I also love the light color, what fun...........Blessings Francine.

Sewn With Grace said...

Thinking of you during this time of transition. Praying the move goes well!

vivian said...

Holly, I know you will make the perfect cottage nest out of your new home. Youre going to have fun decorating and getting everything to be just right!
looking forward to seeing the process!
xoxo