Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Opening Presents!



I like to unpack!  I wrap all my treasures very carefully and I often don't know what it is until I unwrap it all the way!  It's like uniting with old friends once again!  As I unwrap my treasures, I just set them about here and there and every day, Meadowbrook Cottage feels more like home!  Do you think I should name my new house Meadowbrook Cottage?  My guys would never forgive me if I named it Cutie Pie Cottage, although in my heart, that's what it is! I live on Meadow street and there is a creek or brook at the end of the street so I thought that would be a good name.
I've never shown you this blue wicker desk because I wasn't sure if I liked the way it turned out.  I bought it from my favorite antique shop for $20.00.  It was a chippy white but I've been wanting to add more bright, happy colors to my life so I spray painted it with Ocean Breeze Blue!!  My shabby Chic book case won't be staying there.  It will go in my bedroom.  Oh if only I could move my own furniture!  As you can see, I centered the hutch on the wall and put my farm table in front of it.  It doesn't leave much room to get into the hutch but it's looks that matter- right? 

Since my boy and grands have been away, I've received a fresh boost of adrenaline!  Quiet and time alone energizes me so I'm back to unpacking and decorating!!  These are a couple shiny brites I picked up at the antique mall the other day.  Just like my friend Shelia, I "poked" them down into my powder room china! 

Don't worry, I'm not working too hard.  I'm playing on Pinterest, blogging, facebooking and playing Songpop and Words With Friends on facebook PLUS thoroughly enjoying watching Netflix instant viewing with my fast, unlimited Internet!  Yay!
Merry Christmas to all!


20 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

Happy Happy Holly Days!! I love the name Meadowbrook Cottage...it conjurs up so many lovely images.
It's been fun to share your new house happiness vicariously...you deserve this joy. =D

Old Fashioned Gal said...

It all looks lovely Holly! I really like your wicker desk! That color really pops next to your white hutch. So cute! I'm glad to see everything is coming along for you! You deserve time to relax, you have been going no stop! :)
-Denise

Ms. Redo said...

So glad you did some decorating, and that's right, it doesn't matter if they can't sit at the table as long as the room looks beautiful, that's my motto too!!! :) The blue desk is perfect, that's a great pop of color, and I love your cabinet. Hugs ~ Mary

Sandy said...

Holly,
Good for you! I would be so over whelmed moving this time of year....but it sounds like you have it under control! I just adore your hutch and the oilcloth on it!!!! Can't wait to see it all decorated for Christmas...:)

Kim K. said...

It's coming together so nicely. I love the name Meadowbrook Cottage. Your blue wicker desk is fantastic. A perfect color. Have fun decorating. Christmas hugs!

Perfectly Printed said...

Looking good girl!!! Glad you're having fun!

chris

GardenofDaisies said...

It's good that you are enjoying the process of unpacking and settling in. Because you'll probably arrange, rearrange, tweek and re-tweek a few times between now and when you finally feel like you've got things where you want them to be. I think the blue makes the wicker table look really pretty. Good choice!

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Holly.......love all your vintage treasures.....sweet blue wicker desk, coming along great......Blessings Francine.

Creative Breathing said...

CUTE Holly! Isn't it the most fun to organize familiar things in a new way. I am redecorating vicariously through you and loving every moment! Have a great weekend! E

Patti M said...

Perfect name....it has such a lovely ring to it...like Snow White lives there or something :)for sure "happily ever afters" are found in Meadowbrook Cottages! I'm so happy for you!

Shelia said...

Looking so cute, Holly! I love your hutch or is that a Hoosier? Your blue desk is great!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

ThrifterSisters said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the transformatiom of your new home. I knew that all it would take would be to have you be surrounded by your own things and your house would feel like home! Happy Pinteresting! It's quite addicting, isn't it?

Erica

RetroSandie said...

Holly, your new home will be so pretty and personalized before you know it! And I love the name Meadowbrook Cottage!!! That sounds perfect!!! Happy decorating!!!

Hugs, Sandie

VintageBettys said...

Hello Holly,
I love the name Meadowbrook Cottage.....and everything is so bright and cheery! I have to say that hoosier is a beautiful piece :) and the blue wicker is fabulous!

vintage grey said...

So pretty Holly!! Enjoy this Christmas season!! xo Heather

Simply Shelley said...

Meadowbrook Cottage sounds wonderful Holly...have fun with your unpacking and decorating....your home is lovely....Christmas blessings to you and yours.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I love the bright blue piece! It's a great color that you chose. The name Meadowbrook Cottage couldn't be any cuter!
Happy Holidays!
Erica :)

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

I think Meadowbrook Cottage is an absolutely lovely name! What a fun time for you as you set up house in your new home.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Meadowbrook Cottage sounds great! Yes, the hutch looks so cute!! Didn't even notice how close it was to the table until you said something, haha!
Merry Christmas,
Susie

My Vintage Mending said...

Happy Holidays Holly..It all looks so beautiful...Renee