Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Monday, December 17, 2012

Treasures, Decorating And Exploring

Hello blog friendies!  I'm still unpacking like a wild woman and I'm almost done!  I've thrown a few Christmas things around but not much.  We will probably put the tree up today.  I don't know if it will be decorated but at least it will be up!  I bought my first Santa mug and these dotty Gurley candles at my antique mall the other day.  I also bought 2 Shiny Brites and our "kitten' already broke one!  She's not used to being inside100% of the time so she keeps getting into trouble! 
I thought I'd show you how the dinning room will be arranged.  I put my rocking chair on the other side of the hutch and it's so cozy!  I love my little cottage!  I'm still deciding what will go on the walls.  There's hardly a hole in any of this nicely painted sheet rock so I want to be sure!  I keep unpacking all my treasures and just placing them here and in the kitchen until they are all gathered and ready to be displayed properly (whatever that means!)
And here's some pics of my nature park/walking trail.  This is what I see when I reach the end of my short little street!  Paradise Creek is just beyond the sign and I saw an Otter there right before we moved here!  I've looked for it again but he has either moved on or it's hiding from me!  I so hope it has a mate and that I can see baby otters in the spring!  This will all be so lovely come Springtime!
 There are little trails that go off the main paved trail and lead to benches or the creek.  I didn't have my boots on so I had to stick to the main trail on this picture taking day.
No, it's not like walking all over the farm but it's so much better than walking around a crowded neighborhood!  The Lord knew just what I needed!  Many people walk, run and bike here but on this day, I only passed one man and his dog.
The pic below is when I'm walking back.  One of those little houses in the distance is mine.  ☺  Since the sun was out, I walked back and forth across the fields and soaked it in!
Well I've definitely enjoyed my break from mothering!  It was an unexpected treat in the midst of so much stress!  My boy comes home today and he'll probably be surprised how clean the house is and how much work was done while he was gone!  It's hard to believe that in a few short years, I'll probably have an empty nest!  My guys tend to fly off earlier rather than late but you never know!

All I have to do to be *ready* for Christmas is buy candy for the grand children's stockings- oh and FIND their stockings!  I wish I would have marked which Christmas box they're in but when I packed them away LAST Christmas, I didn't know I would be moving!!

Oh and on the friendly neighbor front- someone secretly plowed our drive way and side walk yesterday morning!  There are so many wonderful people in our world!  Look for them and *BE* them and you'll not be afraid.  ♥

16 comments:

Kim K. said...

Your darling hutch is very happy in your new dining room. How nice to have walking trails so close to home. Have fun unpacking and getting ready for Christmas. Hard to believe we're alittle more than a week away.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Holly, your cottage is looking so cute and I love hearing you say that you love it there! It looks like a beautiful area and good neighbors are a treasure! You are a very lucky girl! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Your neighbors sound like great people! Eveything is coming along so nicely! Whenever you're ready, I'll be there to do a little fishing in your creek! lol :)
-Denise

Sandy said...

Oh Holly,
Things are good!!!! It sounds like you have wonderful neighbors and believe me, they are important!!!!
Your house looks great and the park is wonderful! Such wide open spaces....good for your heart...:)

Simply Shelley said...

Looks like you are getting settled in very nicely.....blessings on your week.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Holly, glad your settleing in your wonderful home, sweet vintage goodies and great trails to walk.....so pretty......Enjoy,Francine.

Ms. Redo said...

It sounds like you moved into an awesome neighborhood! I'm so glad for you, and glad you have those walking trails, and otters! I would love to see your otters! So proud of you for getting all those boxes unpacked, amazing! Hugs ~ Mary

donna said...

Everything is looking great. Love how your hutch looks. I am so glad that you like it there. What wonderful neighbors to plow your drive.
Merry Christmas
Hugs
donna

vintage grey said...

Everything is look so sweet and cozy!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas! xo Heather

Perfectly Printed said...

Your cottage is coming together! It looks great! It looks like a fun neighborhood! Enjoy!

chris

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Holly-
I'm so happy to see you having fun getting settled! Have a fabulous Christmas at the new house!
Erica :)

VintageBettys said...

Hello Holly..
Looks like everything is coming together...and what a sweet neighbor to plow your driveway and sidewalk...We are so happy that you found such a peaceful place to live....Oh... and if those otters show up don't forget to take pictures.
((HUGS))

retrorevival.biz said...

Wow, Holly, you've got a lot going on! Your place is really coming together nicely:) I'm enjoying discovering your neighborhood with you:)

~Cindy

✿Carol✿ said...

Meadowbrook Cottage is looking very cute! And I'm so happy that you have some wide open spaces to enjoy at the end of your little lane. I know how important that is to you. Merry Christmas!

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Holly!
How happy you sound getting settled into your new cottage. Home is where your heart is...and, it's clear to see that you are beginning to experience the joy of nesting once again.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Carolynn xxx

Jann Olson said...

As you can see, I am playing catch up. Love all of the posts that I missed. That wrapping paper was so sweet! Love how the dining room looks so far. How nice to have such a beautiful scenic place to walk.
Hugs,
Jann