Hi, I'm Holly! Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Hi, I'm Holly!  Welcome to cutie pie cottage

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blue Bird Pyrex!

Here's a close up of my very first thrifted Pyrex casserole dish!  When I saw it from across the Salvation Army, I wasn't sure if it was Pyrex or not but I was pretty sure it was. I felt so excited yet filled with dread at the same time! Do you ever feel that way when you think you've found something potentially great while treasure hunting?  I started moving across the store (as if) in slow motion!  I was thrilled when I saw it WAS Pyrex and it was just under five dollars!  I thought the pattern was pretty rare and it is!    

  There is only one small chip on the lid and there were a few grease stains to scrub out but that's it!  My research says it was issued from between 1959-1961. I was born in 61 so I love that.  ☺  This is only the third piece of Pyrex that I have found at the thrifts in the last year.  Vintage Pyrex is hard to come by in small towns so I'm thrilled!

As you can probably tell by my posts, I still haven't gotten the hang of the new "improved" blogger!  Ugh!  Words jump around, pics disappear.  Mama Mia!

My eldest grand girl comes for the night tonight!  It's probably the last time before they  move.  We're going to go shopping, craft and paint each others nails.

Have a great week end everyone!  Thanks for stopping by! 

21 comments:

Tina Marie said...

I collect vintage pyrex, too. It is so exciting to find something in really good condition and for so little money. I am so happy for you.

Perfectly Printed said...

It's a lovely piece! And how do you not love the price!!! Oh, and the color! Have fun with your grand!

chris

VintageBettys said...

I've never seen that print....it was probably an exclusive! Have a great weekend Holly :)

ThrifterSisters said...

Finally, Holly! I've been waiting for you to post about this beauty ever since I first heard that you found it:-) I'm sure it looks great in the new Cutie Pie Kitchen!

Erica

Mary Clark said...

I am SO excited to see your Pyrex! I can feel the adrenalin you must have felt when you spotted it!!! You can go on some website and find out the name of it, I only have three pieces but I love learning the names. Love that yours was made in the time frame in which you were born. Sad to say I'm older than your Pyrex, ha! (just barely, good grief!!!). Hope you have a fabulous weekend with your girl. Hugs ~ Mary

Simply Shelley said...

That's a great find. Enjoy your grandchild....bittersweet I guess with her moving away :( Blessings friend.

Primitive Stars said...

Beautiful, never seen that pattern here.... So pretty, Francine.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That is a beautiful pattern! I don't think I've ever seen it before! I am so sorry your grands are moving away. Enjoy your evening with your little princess! Love, Twyla

Amy said...

What a lovely Pyrex dish! I picked up a bowl set a couple of months ago. It is fun finding treasures.

Kim said...

What an awesome find and what a great price for it. It's so funny now that whenever I'm shopping in the antique stores and see any kind of vintage kitchen stuff, it always makes me think of you :).

Kim

vivian said...

I would love to collect pink pyrex, even though my kitchen is cranberry and sage colored.. ehhh.. I think pink would be fine! lol. Anyways, congrats on the piece you found. Its always fun to find a new treasure. hope youre enjoying your grandgirl tonight. Ive had my little torry pie here all evening.. and now, I'm exhausted!
happy sunday!
xoxo

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

What a lovely find!! Enjoy!

GardenofDaisies said...

What a pretty pyrex casserole dish. I don't think I've ever seen the bluebird design before. Enjoy your evening with your granddaughter!

Patti said...

I'm so happy for you! I can just see the happy dance! And, a good price, too. I love this color.

donna said...

What a GREAT find. So glad you scored such an awesome treasure. Hope you get toe njoy every minute with your sweet grand daughter.
Hugs
donna

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Congrats - what an awesome find!!! Love it!

retrorevival.biz said...

Score! This is such a pretty pattern:)

Jacqueline said...

Seems like you are happy as a bee in January! Love seeing how you decorated the kitchen. Adorable! True Cutie Pie Cottage style.
Pyrex pattern is more rare, sweet and useful as always!

Shelia said...

Yay! I love your cute Pyrex! I know the exact feeling. If I find a piece I get so excited and then I look at the price! Never can find one for such a good price! I have 3 little bowls in Gooseberry pink.
Be a weetie,
shelia ;)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Pyrex makes my heart jump, my brother collects it so I am always searching for him...You got a great price for a casserole with a lid...Good job!

Carol

vintage grey said...

So beautiful and the perfect color!! xo Heather